Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 178

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That 70s Show is a good show, though

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

3. Morrissey

Trusted

It gave us so many annoying actors and people thinking that Red is the hero, though.

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's less good to me now because a rapist is in one of the main roles. And the whole Mila Kunis being underage.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Maybe he meant the cast is trash people

Your Milkshake and Zilla like this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dumbass!

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually think Mila Kunis is a good actress who hasn't had the opportunity to show it as often as she should.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think Topher Grace is probably the most talented of the bunch and kind of knows what lane he's in.

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Also, Ashton Kutcher might be my personal most annoying celebrity, from shitty comedies to shitty dramas to being a VC. He got a lot of praise for his human rights organization, but the numbers were overblown by #savethechildren chuds. And while he was doing that, he was co-owning and starring in a show with an alleged rapist. That and all the centrism and trying to launch a positive news network that stole stories from other sources. He just grates at me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i feel like mila is very good in her lane but she’s had attempts at showing range in the past. they aren’t great.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a great performance and there's enough in Black Swan where I think she could shine in the right project.

Joe4th, RyanPm40, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  13. Don’t remember what it was, but sometime in the last year I saw her in something that made me realize I’m actually not so much a fan of hers. She’s fine in Sarah Marshall but most of the cast still outshines her in it. Haven’t seen Black Swan in 11 years (jfc), gotta rewatch that sometime

14. phaynes12

she’s the weak link of black swan imo. i love her in FSM but it’s very much in the lane that she always works in. i wouldn’t call that performance showing range.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

idk yeah I really like 70s Show but everyone tells me its trash so I just kindof believed them and chalked it up to nostalgia whatev Im not mad about it

16. Nathan

I think range is hard to gauge. I always liked Aubrey Plaza but didn’t expect a performance like Black Bear out of her. For a lot of actors who get accused of having limited range, I think it has more to do with their project choices than capability.

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

love Mila in the show. its Donna that kinda isnt as funny as the rest of the cast imo. shes still good though.

Kitty and Red are the stars of the show

domotime2 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  18. phaynes12

i feel like aubrey has pretty much exclusively done stuff in the black bear lane since PnR, with the exception of happiest season haha. but fair point. i’m sure mila can. just haven’t seen anything to prove that yet.

19. I brought up Aubrey being sorta typecast in the Happiest Season thread and most people seemed to disagree haha. Looking through her IMDB, it would seem like that wasn’t the case, but yeah I would still argue that most people do not know her for roles like Legion that might indicate something like her role in Black Bear. She’s super talented and has a lot of range if given the opportunity.

20. Nathan

Yeah before Black Bear I’d seen her in Parks & Rec, Mystery Team, The To-Do List, Scott Pilgrim, Funny People, Safety Not Guaranteed, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, and Happiest Season, so I missed some of the darker stuff she’d been in

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sounds like everyone needs to see Ingrid goes west

22. Nathan

I wanted to but missed it when it came out theatrically and haven’t gotten to it.

23. Seen it twice! Definitely safe to say that by 2017 that was a black sheep in her filmography. Just a year prior she was doing Mike & Dave and Dirty Grandpa haha

24. phaynes12

it’s around the time of legion, which is really what kicked it off for her

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

“Mila Kunis is the weak link in Black Swan” is easily a Top 5 Most Enraging Pat Opinion.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.