Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 140

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

2. Jbent

Trusted

Yes the reasons thanksgiving is a shit holiday are numerous, including movies. The post-halloween pre-new years time of the year is a deafening reminder to anyone with past or current hardships/disadvantages to basically commemorate them. God forbid you mention having traumatic memories attached to the holidays - y0u biG gRinch!!!1

Privilege in America at it's finest

Rocko's modern life had the only thanksgiving special I remember being good

Victor Eremita likes this.
  3. Thanksgiving is a great holiday don't blame the holiday for your terrible family interactions

4. Jbent

Trusted

I did not blame the holidays for my "terrible family interactions" just mentioned my opinion on this part of the calendar lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. OhTheWater Nov 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Thanksgiving sides are better than Easter sides. Easter signals the end of the school year, though.
    I tend to tell new teachers/my students that once we hit thanksgiving, the school year is basically over

6. I was more or less joking because Thanksgiving is when everyone deals with their racist aunts and uncles

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. Jbent

Trusted

The best thanksgiving-eve related media is hands down Jon Voigts car episode of Seinfeld

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Is that how it is in other parts of the country? December is the end of our first semester.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My Thanksgiving observation is a joke, but I do believe the hardest part of the year is Sept-Nov. Easter is usually the signal that it’s getting nicer out, and once I can come home and have a beer outside on a Thursday-Friday the school year is basically over

Now that I’m home every single day, the entire year is a joke

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy 4th of july. Dont care what it stands for these days but I love barbecuing on a nice summer evening with friends and lighting things on fire. Then again you can do that really any time in the summer.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My birthday sometimes lands on Thanksgiving, & it’s also a magical place where my favorite season (fall) & my favorite holiday (Christmas) get to overlap. So, yeah, I’m a fan.

Plus, the stuffing.

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Dude, March is the GAUNTLET in teaching. Not a single day off.

David87 likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

End of “Fences”/start of Gatsby for me. Movies and intro stuff plus I know my kids well by that point

cshadows2887 likes this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I’m usually on to Pudd’nhead Wilson and the research paper then myself. And as much as I like my kids, a month with no days off from them is too often to see any teenage boys.

David87 and OhTheWater like this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

yeah my birthday is the 30th so I think that has something to do with me enjoying thanksgiving growing up.

Tim likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oct-Dec is just the best time of year in general

trevorshmevor and imthesheriff like this.
  17. Googled “thanksgiving movies” and Son In Law was included haha

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Pieces of April is the only Thanksgiving movie I could think of

19. Philll

Trusted

No idea if this is unpopular or not but we're watching Buffy for the first time and wowee Xander is a colossal piece of shit.

Vase Full Of Rocks and mad like this.
  20. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Thanksgiving is the best holiday.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Hannah and her Sistas

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He's a massive tool

Philll likes this.
  23. RyanPm40 Dec 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I just watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time yesterday

Thought it was overrated. Very fun art style and songs, but otherwise the story was unfocused with little character development, and kinda ends abruptly. There is zero resolution to Jack not wanting to be the king of Halloween and he has maybe 5 minutes of interaction with Sally before being in love. I await the pitchforks lol.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t fully agree but when I did my last rewatch I was shocked how little Jack & Sally interacted

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

The aesthetic of that movie was really popular with the Hot Topic crowd during high school. Really soured any memories of it.