Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 138

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I have not, but I am sure I will agree with it. Always a fan of those movies!

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i hate this website

4. phaynes12

i don’t even like chris nolan and you’re getting me mad online to defend his honor. messed up.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My whole thing is like...who the fuck cares if they're "faithful"? They're exactly what I want from a comic book adaptation. Last night as I was watching, there was a tracking shot in Batman Returns that was more interesting than anything I've seen in a mainstream comic book film...maybe ever?

6. phaynes12

the chris nolan movies are arguably less faithful than the schumacher ones

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

How come Batman doesn’t dance anymore?!

8. Morrissey

Trusted

I need to watch Batman Forever again. It has been too long.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. williek311

I loved Batman Forever when I was a kid. I had the toys and soundtrack.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

did you have any of the mugs from McDonald’s?!

3E7C1989-E6CF-4E68-B597-8E54453CE92C.jpeg

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I had all four of those once upon a time, the Two Face handle being coins was :100:

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Batman & Robin was the only Batman movie I ever owned lol. Played that VHS a lot as a little kid. The Nolan films are definitely the best I've seen.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

We had all the cups. I remember my mother calling a further McDonald's to see if they had the cup we were missing. We had most of the Batman Returns cars too.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. williek311

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are both really good. They're the best example of "serious" comic book movies.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I forgot about those cups. We had 2 of them.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was Two Face for Halloween one year

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My aunt handmade me a Batman costume when I was 4. It was dope.

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

21. Morrissey

Trusted

I never went as Batman for Halloween because I was never that big of a fan. I remember going as a Power Ranger at least once. I tried to have my birthday cake made as the head of Cloud Strife, and that one did not work out.

22. phaynes12

ninja turtles

23. Morrissey

Trusted

That was a good video. I have seen a few of his, but not that one until now.

The key phrase in the video is that he loved the movies as a kid, which is the central point, and is something we misunderstand when adults complain about them. Some people get mad when it is said, but superheroes are for children.

Nathan likes this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My Batman & Robin take is still that it’s not bad for any of the popular reasons, but rather because it’s too boring at times. Trim the failed attempts at drama that interrupt the camp goodness, & you have a pretty fun live action cartoon. I haven’t watched that video in [Batman] forever, but I think it makes a similar argument?

Also, Uma Thurman’s Poison Ivy is a flawless comic book villain, & I adore her.

As for the Halloween discussion, I was a Power Ranger multiple years in a row. Loved that franchise for years, longer than most of my peers, until shifting over to Pokémon.