Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

If only Marvel would do this

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I love Leonard Maltin’s story about his cameo in the sequel. When he started out as a film critic he vowed not to make friends with directors/actors to not cloud his judgement on movies. But in the early 80s he struck up a friendship with Joe Dante. He ended up disliking the original Gremlins, citing it as too mean-spirited. So when Dante wanted to make a more meta-humor sequel, he had Maltin cite verbatim his original review of the first movie before being killed by the gremlins.

Zilla and Cameron like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

22 Jump Street works so well because it literally lampoons the idea of unnecessary sequels. It does something entirely different from the first one by intentionally copying it, I honestly think it's a brilliant movie

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think Jesse Eisenberg is a good actor. He actively annoys me in everything I’ve seen him in and not in a “he’s supposed to be annoying so it works” kind of way.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I don’t agree because of The Social Network but I can see how you would feel that way

Cameron, cshadows2887, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Eisenberg is the best at that typecast, though. Imagine the next in line, Michael Cera, leading The Social Network.

It would be entertaining but not pretty.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s one of those actors where literally any middle of the road white guy could do as “good” as him. Like, he’s so bland and just there.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

At least Cera can be funny.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I could watch Cera in anything tbh.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can’t imagine anyone doing Zuckerberg as good as Eisenberg. His posture, tone, and chemistry with Garfield sold the film apart from the editing and soundtrack.

Joe4th, imthesheriff, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t like him/that movie in general

12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

He was excellent in The Art of Self-Defense. I remember thinking he was very good in Louder Than Bombs but it's been a while

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Cera is a bland actor a lot of the time. And kind of a dick.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jesse is clearly good at playing pretentious dicks because he is one but I still enjoy seeing him in things

15. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I like Eisenberg quite a bit. The Social Network, End of the Tour, Squid and the Whale, and Art of Self Defense come to mind as particularly good.

He definitely has a “type” but always puts enough variation around the core idea to keep things interesting.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve never seen anyone else mention Louder Than Bombs! He was great in that and it’s super underrated as a whole.

He was also very good in The Squid and the Whale. Perfectly captured a teenage boy following his father into toxic behavior and misogyny without realizing how or why.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The only films that I haven’t enjoyed Eisenberg in are BVS and Cursed, and both are atrocious even without his poor acting.

18. Morrissey Jul 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2020)
    Morrissey

Trusted

The Social Network and The Squid and the Whale are great but Louder than Bombs was bad. Eisenberg, like many modern movie stars, is very limited but can shine in the right role.

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

End of the Tour is highly underrated. Love that movie.

Serh, Cameron, cshadows2887 and 2 others like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. Morrissey

Trusted

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I don't find him a pretentious dick at all, but he seems to come off that way. He just seems like a very quirky individual

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

YES.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like he's said douchey things like this

Colby Searcy and theagentcoma like this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Adventureland also ruled and while we’re on the subject, Ryan Reynolds should play more serious, darker characters like the one in that than just playing Ryan Reynolds in every movie.