Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underrated 2000’s Pop-Punk Playlist • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I didn't play video games but I remember that song being all over Much Music back then.

2. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

This is going to be the perfect soundtrack to the rest of my work day.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

I love talking this stuff and anyone who does should follow poppunkers on Reddit.

I'll add my picks: Wakefield, Cauterize, Never Heard of It, Dont look Down, Lucky 7, Off by One

moura and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  4. Was literally just thinking about Cauterize and looking them up on streaming. Glad to see someone else mention them!

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I forgot how much a jam "Hey Driver" is. Perfect summer driving song.

6. It's insanely catchy. Like, man, now I wanna go hit up that album again.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  7. Yeah, that was a jam of an album back in the day too.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  8. They had a second album that was released independently that I was super into. That was the first CD I ever bought online and had shipped to my house. I remember it being such a weird concept to me at the time.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Almost all the bands I mentioned I found on mp3.com then bought from half.com because no stores carried em ha

10. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Besides The Morning Light I'd say most of those bands enjoyed a decent amount of success and popularity compared to some of these bands.

11. mmenard

they were all pretty popular though.

I guess the problem is whether something is overrated, underrated, or appropriately rated/perceived is extremely subjective, and possibly different geographically as well.

Speaking of fenix TX, one thing that came to mind when I saw the word underrated was the Denver Harbor EP. I really liked all those songs but they never really went anywhere

12. red8ge

Regular

this is great, home grown were rad. really liked that first NYD record before they went down the spooky metalcore hole

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wait when the heck did they go Metalcore? Last release I knew from them was that underwhelming emo-ish EP lol

14. red8ge

Regular

i guess Adam left the band and ash got a bunch of randos to reinvent it, they've been kind of building it up for eight years

15. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Sick of Change. That's all I have to say.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. TheJMan

Trusted

I know I'm a little late to the discussion but did anyone mention Finch? Letters To You and What It Is To Burn are pretty good songs.

17. mmenard

That whole record was really good, I wouldn't personally call it pop punk though...I dunno what I would call them actually, poppy post hardcore I guess? Also they were on MTV2 and shit so I personally wouldn't say they were necessarily overlooked.

I did re-listen to the what it is to burn record last week though and I like every song a lot. Post Script and Grey Matter are my faves

18. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I don't know if you would call them pop punk either because like you said the album is a lot heavier than the typical pop punk album/song but they usually are grouped together with a lot of the bands mentioned.

My comment was they were overlooked in this thread, but you're right they did get a lot of air play for What It Is To Burn.

That was a really good album and I agree I like Post Script and Grey Matter too. I will also throw in Ender too, love that song.

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I've never listened to the Aquabats but I came upon Fashion Zombies last night on Youtube and rocked Charge at the gym today. What a good album.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I love what I know on this, so I am eager to give the rest a listen and discover some new underrated jams from the past hah
    Somewhere on fullerton by allister was my actual jam tho. One of the first songs I remember getting me into "the scene" in 8th grade.
    also over it >>>