Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 78

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The moment I remember that I was 18 exactly 18 years ago and can truly say this album came out half my life ago and oh no.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Still a good listen on a long drive

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

I was in college when it hit. I hated it at first.

In fact I only started really liking them when DTGL came out.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was in 6th or 7th grade when I first got into that album, man time flies

coleslawed likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I didn’t get into Underoath until the ‘In Regards to Myself’ video was included on the Take Action Vol. 7 DVD, so….spring 2007?

My friends were into them in ‘06 and would go to their shows but I was never interested.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

young ass

8. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

5th grade for me

9. J12

Trusted Supporter

I liked "Reinventing Your Exit" when it came out, but I was only just starting to dabble in some heavier stuff, and Underoath went a little too hard for my liking, haha. I finally started to come around and was really into the album by the time promo for DTGL hit.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember DTGL leaking super early with the track titles mixed up? Supposedly it wasn't fully mixed/produced, but I recall it sounding pretty much exactly like the actual record did when it finally released.

ezmo311 and Jeff fleming like this.
  10. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

I remember hearing the demos for moving for the sake of motion and writing on the walls. the song titles for those two where switched. I remember immediately loving that double kick intro in Moving.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

freshman year one of the seniors in my math class would wear current era metalcore shirts (ultimate cool guy status all around). the two i remember the most were a TOCS album shirt and a Zao tee. thought the underoath one was cool so i went and bought it at the local christian bookstore and blew my mind. I think that was the first real heavy/screaming album I ever listened to beyond starter christian rock like Pillar or TFK.

12. tvck

Trusted

I picked up TOCS and 3 Cheers on the same Target trip based off of the covers. Never looked back

joe.boy.fresh. and coleslawed like this.
  13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

That was the spring/summer I had both Underoath’s TOCS and Dead Poetic’s “New Medicine”. They were both in heavy rotation at the time. I had this gaudy TOCS t-shirt with a big silk screen print of the album cover on it from Hot Topic and any time I wore it someone would inevitably mention that my shirt was creepy. It was also uncomfortable because there was so much ink used for that thing that it sat a little heavily on the front and it felt weird against my chest.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I gave a speech on love, or something, at church camp and the song I used to explain God's love was "Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape." So yeah, I was pretty into the album haha

Orla, macbethfan, coleslawed and 6 others like this.
  15. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh my god (pun intended) that's perfect lmao

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it was all worth it to see the other kids eyes get wide when Aaron G comes in after Aaron M's part and gets pretty heavy unexpectedly haha. JESUSSSSSSS I'M READDDDDYYY TOOO COMMMMEE HOOOMEEEEE

17. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

ezmo311, Cameron, coleslawed and 4 others like this.
  18. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Pretty similar I went to a college ministry worship night back in 04 or 05, and they played it. It was so funny to see everyone react to the ending!

irthesteve likes this.
  19. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I don't have any particular attachment to that song, but I do remember that one of the first band shirts I ever bought was this one in black which has part of the song title on it.

[​IMG]

Got it in 6th grade and I actually had it until ~2014-2015ish.

disambigujason and flask like this.
  20. flask

Trusted Supporter

every scene kid at my high school had the black shirt with the pink X.

21. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I actually have that one too except the text on it is white rather than yellow like the original. Kinda jumped at the chance to get it when they rereleased it back in 2020

22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Hope they’re writing again, loved Voyeurist

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

5A27AC15-BF13-4DE9-B693-B7CEBA9A5276.jpeg