Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. _unproductive

Regular

really wish they had the vinyl at the Chicago date :(

2. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Damn, did not know that. When did this happen?

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Wow, what a show...

Did not think I would cry.

DAMN. :heart:

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

hmm, interesting. just creeped both their instagram's, and she was at the SLC show.

5. Cgarnsay

Trusted

He talked
    December tour, Lansing stop. Honestly I hope they made amends because that was depressing.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing them tomorrow.. Can't wait

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  7. The Mysterious

What an incredible show. Crowd was great, and the band put on one for the books. They were all kind enough to sign both my tour laminate and poster, I feel like an uncontrollable child on Christmas morning right now. The wife caught Grant's show pick with her face, too. Bonus! Glad you guys were talking about Aaron, because the only downer of the evening is that he was borderline rude during the meet and greet. After light reading here the day before though, my hopes weren't high enough to be dashed very much.

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. The Mysterious

Also, quick feel-good story. There was a dude who drove up from PA to see them in NJ, due to sold out tickets. Didn't know anybody. He'd seen Underøath in Philly every single date they'd been there for the last 10 years. Tim McTague overheard the conversation, asked for his name, brought him over to their tour manager, and put him on the guest list for their Philly date. I was sure this guy was going to cry, he was so happy.

9. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Shame to hear about Aaron. When I've heard him interview it does sound as if he's open about the fact he's been a dick in the past, but it's a shame to hear he's still like it. Seems like he does have his own problems though.

Saw them at So What Festival and it was awesome. Only downside to going to that festival was the amount of fucks in the crowd who felt the need to get violent under the banner of moshing or whatever. Ruined Saosin's set for me. Kinda thought seeing bands like that in 2016 would mean I could forget people like that existed.

I do hope Underoath carry on though. Such a great, great band.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

Seeing the tonight. Should be good.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

only time i met aaron waas like 04/05 warped tour when he was walking around trying to get people to come see them while they were promoting chasing safety. seemed coool

teebs41 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I never got a vibe he was a bad dude just felt like he was a little more keep to himself then some other musicians...

Does anyone remember when his last worship album came out and people were really nasty about it on absolutepunk? And some user who claimed to be Aaron commented basically saying you don't know how hard we work on this stuff, it isn't right to just come here and say terrible stuff about our music or whatever? I never found out if that was actually him or not

13. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I remember that! Thought about it the other day. No one seemed to make a fuss about the post but it definitely seemed like it was him, or someone was being clever. Was quite out of the blue so I reckon it could have been him! Vaguely remember him saying something similar in an interview since (I think!). Plus, this is before Paramore, so he was sort of out of the spotlight a bit at that point.

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wasn't able to post until now but, the NY show was insane. Still sore all over but was worth it, was right up front and they sounded absolutely fantastic. I was borderline dead by the start of Define the Great Line but got through it.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just left the show in philly and it was absolutely incredible. Spent way more on merch than I expected to but man it was worth every penny.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Philly show was sick... Wish Aaron's mic was a little louder, that was my only complaint though. Also Caspian is a very good band

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Same here, though I guess the crowd usually drowns him out anyway.
    I was impressed by Caspian. Picked up a record and the new album.

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

Caspian fucking crushed it last night so I left content

js977 likes this.
  19. Cgarnsay

Trusted

You left before Underoath?

20. Deathco_019

Drummer

No I stayed for Underoath. Sorry, I see now how that looks misleading haha

teebs41 likes this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

atticusfinch and JM95 like this.
  22. dead_fm

Regular

are they still selling the vinyl at shows? I missed getting tickets and I need to know if I should give my friend cash or not.....

23. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I found my actual one of the originals the other day. Damn the material of Gildan t-shirts was terrible haha. Was like wearing a sack.

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

there weren't any in Philly. i thought there was a set reserved for each show but i guess not?

25. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Did anyone have the meet and greet?

I'm going to the show on Wednesday and was wondering what the situation was like. I have 4 vinyl albums that I want to get signed and didn't know if you were allowed pictures and whatnot. Was it worth it? I know it involves sound check too. It's going to be a long day with meet and greet starting at 3 haha.

Thanks for any insider info.

That sucks about Aaron, I had a similar experience with him on his solo tour. It's really too bad.