Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 59

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The worst part is how they're both shipping at the same time too lmao

Whoever is in charge of this rollout fucked up big time and us fans are the ones literally paying for it.

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Debating if I wanna get DTGL and LITSOS splatters and sell my boxset whenever it comes.. TOCS is my least favorite of the Spencer era and I only like maybe half that record anyways. These struggles are endless lol

3. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Yeah, I'd think, in theory, the Revolver ones would be more collectable since there's a limit to how many were made. Seems like they just made however many were ordered for the black box set. And they'll likely have a few "left overs" they put online when it starts shipping. My struggle is I like all 3 of those records a lot.

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

The revolver ones will be clear with slight color around the edges.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well, the original boxset is sold out, isn't it? I looked for it online just now to see and it's not up anymore which leads me to believe it is?

I think it would be cool to have the boxset as a whole so I'll most likely just stick with that but this does bum me out since that white and red splatter for LITSOS looks killer.

If UØ wanted to apologize for this whole fiasco by doing a repress of Disambiguation - that would be great :-)

DrawYourMind and Brodobaggins34 like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How do you figure? If so, then that's an easy decision to just pass and keep the boxset.

7. Brodobaggins34

Yeah, I think the original box set is limited, but they never set a limit to how many would be made. Like, it was never /500 or anything like that. It was just open to order for a few weeks. So I think anyone who ordered within those few weeks is how many will be made. So the original box set could be like /3000 or something, depending on how many people bought them... if that all makes sense? That was at least my impression, initially.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

sorry it was a joke. Revolver did a press of the new Touche record. Black with blue haze but someone screwed up and the record came out black with the tiniest smidge of blue along the edge lol

Bane and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ahhh gotcha - yeah that makes sense. Also, just noticed your 84' Sheepdog reference - nice!

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

hahaha oh I actually remember that - I need coffee lol

11. latortuga

Regular

The preview image and Spotify embed show the observatory words and graphics. Is this pressing the original release or the audio of the stream?

12. Brodobaggins34

Speaking of records that need to be pressed...

13. Brodobaggins34

The vinyl, as long as this is the same as the preorder from over the summer, is for the original recordings. Even though there's text talking about Observatory, it's just like.. a commemorative Observatory edition of the vinyl.

The thing on Spotify right now is the audio recording from the Observatory shows. So two separate, slightly confusing, things.

latortuga and mattylikesfilms like this.
  14. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

I would think a re-press for Disambiguation is a definite thing?

Am I wrong for thinking that? Maybe they're just waiting until 2021? I hope....

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just dropping in to say that Lost in the Sound of Separation is the greatest hardcore album of all-time.

mattav152, kyle, Gooddayz and 3 others like this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would say Disambiguation takes that title bit I went on a hike yesterday and listened to LITSOS.. and maybe you’re right.

Record is incredible.

17. Brodobaggins34

"Feast your eyes. Or just rip them out." Still one of my favorite Underoath lines of all time.

18. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Define the Great line Observatory coming Friday :)

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Anyone having trouble playing the new live recordings on Spotify (free)?

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

bobby_runs and beachdude like this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

latortuga and beachdude like this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Very interested on how accurate those estimates are. Idk anything about music or touring economics but I definitely thought the band members themselves came away with far more than ~12k each. I mean, that’s still a lot of money to gain from 3 shows but the article seemed to have a rosier takeaway from it as a long term strategy than I did.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I was under the assumption the band made a great deal more from the shows, but what do I know

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I mean there's a reason why they did their discography. A lot of those expenses can be amortized over the period of the project, and since most of these bands are probably licensed as their own LLC for these purposes then paid out a "salary", the expenses will greatly lower their tax liability. Additionally you have to consider one-time vs recurring costs, so I'm sure they make more than the article suggested.

Give me a spreadsheet babyyyyy