Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Hard pass.

2. JM95

Trusted

More people will check it out with a "ft. Underoath" than "ft. Aaron Gillespie".

beachdude and currytheword like this.
  3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Putting Underoath links their Spotify profile which will drive up streams for both.

We’re definitely going to be seeing a lot more of this now that ADTR just did a song with Marshmellow

beachdude, currytheword and JM95 like this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Very unfortunate but true.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The Marshmello song is actually pretty good though. Not a fan of the Underoath one.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I like it quite a bit too.

But I think Blessthefall just did a song with a DJ too. It’s already started

beachdude likes this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This is not a new concept. Exhibit A:

8. currytheword

Trusted

KoRn's been hip to the collab game since I was a kid.

Edit: As hilarious as this is now, this was HUGE when it happened and spent a long time on TRL's top 10. (which at the time was a big deal for mainstream music)

Davjs likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Really digging this track; love Aaron's singing on this

10. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

I still don’t get how this features Thrice

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hot damn they finally started getting the bonus tracks on streaming services huh, I've had them since the album release but I was also really bummed for people that couldn't listen to them with how limited they were. Loneliness 100% should have been on the album. I wonder when Another Life is gonna get put up, I'm surprised it's only Loneliness right now.

beachdude and ChampsMusic like this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Probably when the deluxe is released. August 2nd I think.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh I didn't even know it was getting a deluxe, huh

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

About damn time, Loneliness is really good

beachdude and disambigujason like this.
  15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Writing On The Walls music video came up on my timeline today. Such a cool concept and such an amazingly detailed song.

I really hope that as UØ moves forward, that can start to incorporate those same little intricate details the way they’ve done in the past. We got little tastes of it on Erase Me, but it felt somewhat reserved and “safe.” I really hope they push their sound and give life to different layers within the songs.

Like with WOTW you can hear little guitar details, the harmonies towards the beginning verses, etc. like the intro and outro are such interesting takes as well as the fact that it doesn’t cling to a chorus but still tells a cohesive story. I really hope UØ can find that type of writing again in their next effort.

I really enjoyed Erase Me for what it was and I’m hoping they can push it further.

17. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Also, does ANYONE have a Paul Frank Underoath wallet? The one with the LITSOS artwork on it? I’ve been searching forever for one of those.

18. bodkins

Trusted

Tomorrow is LITSOS 11 year anniversary apparently. They're releasing some shirt, but I want vinyl. Cmon T&N.

19. bodkins

Trusted

New Almost record just announced. It’s called “Fear Caller”, out October 18th via Fearless. Opening track is streaming now.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Went it very cautiously optimistic bc I really only liked Southern Weather but that was quite good!

21. himynameisdakota

Regular

Underoath said tonight these last 4 dates with ADTR are the end of the ‘Erase Me’ cycle and come the new year they’ll be starting the process of writing/recording their new record

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

Excited! Erase Me still holds up for me. Hopefully this next one will be as good or better

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Super early prediction but I think it’ll be “better” in that it’ll be more consistent/mature/whatever but even less of what people want. It’ll be there Amo in spirit.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck this. im done with them.

25. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Yeah, they were pretty shitty back then. None of them think like that anymore to my knowledge and Aaron and Spencer in particular are very vocal about renouncing those beliefs.