Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I actually don’t care for the intro to that song very much
    Part of the reason is because for the longest time my CD uploaded version replayed the drum part with an awkward transition and it sounded off, but also I just don’t really like that drum part haha

teebs41 likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

oh come on that little fill is so sick, and sounds so raw on that low fi effect.

also i'm a sucker for really fast quarter note patterns with the bass drum on the off beat

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

every time I listen to lost in the sound, I think I like it more.

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The songs grown on me a lot, and “I’m afraid there must be some kind of mistake” is one of my favorite moments on the record, but it’s still near the bottom of the album for me.

Fault line, created void, survivor, and coming down are probably my favorites

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

love the 5/4 feel on creative void, and the chorus is soo powerful.

6. LightWithoutHeat Feb 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2018)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I just want to say that Spitfire's Cult Fiction is a scene metalcore album that still holds up and is very much worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Also, Pass the Flask still rips.

SlappinCups and teebs41 like this.
  7. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Drew Beringer, beachdude42 and js977 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

its funny I always listen to all 4 albums back to back and my mind always does the same thing

TOCS- damn this album is so good, super nostalgic I wonder if this one is still my favorite after all these years

DTGL- Oh hell no this is definitely my favorite underoath record this is on another level. these songs meann soo much to me and I can remember listening in the summer before sophomore year of college

LITSOS- what the fuck this is somehow even better.. like holy crap this might actually be one of my favorite albums of all time.

DIsambiguation- nah this is the best one

9. Yeah this is me every time

teebs41 likes this.
  10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I would kill to see the Chariot live.

Gooddayz likes this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

My first "scene" tour was emery/august burns red/underoath back in 09. Fun time

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  12. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

It's worth noting to maybe help with some expectations that have been posted, that Spencer sing & screamed on records prior to Aaron leaving. I believe they talked about this on the Lead Singer Syndrome Podcast.

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

So the song leaked. It's called "On the Teeth".

Should be up on download sites. I don't have access since I'm on mobile. Just seen it a couple different places now.

Debating whether to wait and experience at the countdown.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

We’re discussing it over in the album thread :)

ChampsMusic likes this.
  15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

really can’t be understated how bad their pre-TOCS stuff is lol

Dog with a Blog, Joe4th and sophos34 like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i like to pretend it doesnt exist

bobby_runs and primavera like this.
  17. The band's Twitter disappeared. Let the games begin!!

18. primavera

i’m ready to say TOCS and DTGL are better than i remembered, but they’re still solidly below LITSOS and Ø

19. primavera

AOF might be a fun tour pairing

20. Deathco_019

Drummer

If you don't think Disambiguation is their best album, you're a fucking cop.

atlas and sophos34 like this.
  21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

An Underoath & Alexisonfire co-headliner with an opener like Silent Planet or a similar younger heavy band is like a dream tour for me. Them playing with BMTH and Beartooth last year felt somewhat out of place to me mostly because both those bands are worth nothing to me and I wanted it to be a UO headliner.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  22. Not to be the guy who brings up Counterparts in every thread but something like Underoath/ETID/Counterparts would be incredible.

23. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Underoath/ETID/Norma Jean

It'd be called the "Daniel Davison Used to Drum for Us" Tour

24. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

a fun game to play with uo albums is "spot the synth parts"

the end of a fault line has the best synth btw

25. trip9

I saw the Underoath/ETID co-headlining tour years ago and it's prob a bad idea to say it in this thread, but Underoath seemed straight boring coming directly off the heels of ETID. Not really their fault or anything, considering ETID is a force of nature live.