Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Underoath is excellent at the heavy and excellent at the poppy melodic shit, but their is something a bit more special about their heavy shit.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yup yup. In my eyes disambiguation made them to metalcore what deftones are to nu metal, completely transcending the genre

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly when they announced the reunion that was the one thing I was sad about even though it was inevitable... Aaron coming back and it not being the Disambiguation lineup. Obviously they were gonna bring him back, and I'm still excited, but honestly I fully agree that Spencer is better as the singular vocalist of this band and Daniel is a way better drummer, not even close.

sophos34 likes this.
  4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

That being said LITSOS > Disambiguation

js977, bodkins and ChampsMusic like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

That's just not true

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

They are close for me, both albums absolutely rip. I think Disambiguiation pushed their sound but I don’t know if it was necessarily better than the two before it. I’ve probably listened to define the great line more than any of their records, the songs still resonate hard with me.

As for the thing I said earlier; I just have so much trust in this band I’m not at all worried about the product they put out until they give me a reason to worry.

I don’t think they would have made a new record if it wasn’t somewhat essential

7. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

I just hope the track rips as much as the past couple first singles have (Illuminator and The Only Survivor).

My favorite memory of Underoath was when they were teasing Illuminator by releasing one instrument on the track per day. I was in college in a dorm with the slowest internet imaginable, so it took like 45 minutes to download this three-minute track. I was so upset on the first day when it was just the electronics because i had waited all that time for basically nothing haha.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is my panniiccc this is my call to arms!!

Great freakin breakdown

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. CheapPop

Regular

Man I'm way too stoked for this. I don't care if it's heavy, poppy, hell it could be a folk album. I just need new Underoath!!!!

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cant fucking wait. Had no idea this was coming

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The more I listen to LITSOS, the more I realize it is probably their best material. I'll still have special feelings for both TOCS and DTGL, though.

ChampsMusic, bodkins and JM95 like this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Well, Aaron's voice is an important staple for their best received albums. If people didn't like Aaron's vocals that probably wouldn't be the case.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I mean like I said I'm not so surprised the warped tour scene likes his voice but I do think they could have such a better career and reach without him

beachdude42 and primavera like this.
  14. Hoping this leaks tonight so I can blast it on repeat on my way home from band practice.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If only the Warped Tour scene liked Aaron's vocals they wouldn't have sold the number albums they did.

bodkins and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

And I don't think it's necessarily people loving Aaron's vocals, but it's people loving the dynamic between Aaron's clean vocals and Spencer's screams. Aaron's solo stuff never did well.

js977 and ChampsMusic like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yes they would have the warped tour scene was fucking huge when underoath were at their peak popularity

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the almost did fine. i think underoath without the pop-punk style shit has the chance to go much further than they did with it. which they can do disambiguation style stuff with aarons vocals sure but i dont see how it would work at all. i think his voice is terrible, quite frankly, and i didnt miss his back and forth with spencer whatsoever.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Then I guess I’m part of he warped tour scene. Whatever

ChampsMusic likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yes, you are

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

ap/chorus was born out of the warped tour scene cmon lol none of us would be here if it wasnt for warped, for better or worse

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

tbh if you like senses fail, yeah you're a warped bro

Deathco_019 likes this.
  23. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

well this isn't true i don't think

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It started as a blink fan site /shrug

primavera likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not saying warped tour scene to be derogatory necessarily I mean just count up how many of your favorite bands past and present played warped at some point in their career, even for me it's a lot of them