Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Aaron's voice is partially what got me into this band (and, as a result of being into this band, heavy music in general) so I guess you could say I'm a fan. Could not have been happier when he rejoined.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron’s vocals have always been a strong part of the band; but Spencer showed he can really sing too, so I hope it’s both singing a lot, with screaming when it fits the music

Larry David and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im surprised people like aarons voice. well no im not, not on this website

4. himynameisdakota

Regular

Aaron’s voice also isn’t nearly as high as it used to be

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i love aaron's voice and thought his melodies fit into LITSOS perfectly. DTGL remains my favorite album of all time though. as someone else said, as long as this isn't a total regression i'll love it.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im really weary this will be a regression

natefoundglory and Joe4th like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Aaron always sounded rough love to me, when Spencer took over I thought their live show improved ten fold

8. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

There's always a possibility they may throw a BMTH-esqe That's The Spirit curveball, hoping for higher accessibility and a broader audience. Even then, it would be hard for this much talent to go wrong.

beachdude42 and js977 like this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that would actually be cool, thats the spirit is just okay but i think underoath would make that sound in a much better way

beachdude42, js977 and The Mysterious like this.
  10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm just now catching up on this thread and finding out about this clip and I'm fucking shook

coleslawed and ChampsMusic like this.
  11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Aaron is alright. Weakest part of the band, but he is alright.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  12. The Mysterious

They would, you're right.

It's intriguing, attempting to piece what kind of creative direction they're about to take. We really have no idea. Sleepwave retained a largely clean vocal performance, which worked well for what it was, proving Spencer can write AND perform hooks (The Wolf, Hold Up My Head) on par with Aaron's. In interviews after UO, he seemed to have resigned himself to a future of singing and wasn't very interested in screaming anymore. However, backtracked on that in recent podcasts and showcased his current screams on Silent Planet's last LP in a guest spot. Sounded like a straight-up werewolf.

Can't wait for tomorrow, there are many possible routes we might hear.

beachdude42 and Theemoflamingo like this.
  13. Anthony_

There's also a possibility that whatever the song sounds like tomorrow, it may not be totally what the rest of the album sounds like. Could see them experimenting with different styles on this one, just to work the rust out and get back in the swing of making music together again. Could have some lower-key stuff with all cleans mixed with some heavier, LITSOS/0-esque tracks. It's definitely exciting, whatever the case may be.

beachdude42 and js977 like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

idk i thought sleepwave was boring as sin

primavera and Larry David like this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s no way the quality of this art will be poor. If they shift to a more melodic sound it will make sense and be a mature statement on that sound. It’s not going to sound like they are only chasing safety.. bc these musicians have all expanded their talents. No one should be worried, be excited.. very excited

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea but you win Have Tim’s writing on that record. He’s a big part of what makes underoath a huge force. He writes all of their guitar parts, and even some bass!

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Anthony_

Well that's not good, I assume these guys take sinning v seriously

beachdude42 and sophos34 like this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

thats just a ridiculous thing to say, about anything

19. Lucas27

Trusted

Was scrolling through this thread and it took way too long for somebody to say this.

I know it's cliche but Define is groundbreaking.

js977 and ImAMetaphor like this.
  20. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

bingo

21. The Mysterious

Let's goooooooooooo

beachdude42, bodkins and js977 like this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I hope the band decides to please me, and not the rest of the thread, and gimme some poppy melodic shitttttt. More Aaronnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

this has been bothering me since i first read it myself, because i was worried on any future release he'd be forcing himself to scream and would be miserable. he seems as happy as ever now though so it makes me wonder if he just said that to help himself or others over the breakup?
    all speculation obviously and ultimately doesn't matter but its been hanging in the back of my head

on another note, i'm hoping for something heavy as hell but but if they released a That's The Spirit type album, i would admittedly be disappointed at first but i have full faith they'd write a brilliant one.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m totally fine with this if it’s done well

25. I personally hope they go even heavier than Disambiguation was. It suits them.

ChiliTacos, beachdude42 and sophos34 like this.