Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Voyeurist (January 14, 2022) Album • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jul 14, 2021.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

God damn Hallelujah is such a banger

2. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Live stream was so good!!! You can tell they put a lot of time and effort into it

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That “livestream” was goddamn amazing. Super hyped for the record and I would say Thorns and Take A Breath are my standouts right now but there wasn’t even a song I outright disliked.

January 14th can’t come soon enough!

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

didnt catch the stream but from what ive heard in all the singles this album is gonna be fucking amazing. and i think erase me is a solid 2/10 album, to this day.

BigMouth, Joe4th and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

Yeah I really enjoyed 4 songs on erase me and the rest was a big "meh"

This new album is fantastic. Can't wait to hear it with some headphones

6. tvck

Trusted

Man I wish I was able to catch this. Everything so far has been incredible and I can’t wait to hear the rest.

7. RyanPm40

Try and see if you can still buy it :) the replay is going for another 24 hours

8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Interesting thing Tim just said was they tried to work more “journey” moments into this record where things just trail off and get atmospheric which was missing from Erase Me

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again: I never will understand the hate that Erase Me gets. The only clunker for me is Wake Me. The rest range from good to great IMO.

… butttttt this new album sounds even stronger in comparison.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely saw that in the livestream. The whole album has atmospheric feel. I love it.

beachdude and macbethfan like this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

If I had to name a clunker on Erase Me it's Bloodlust but regardless, Voyeurist here we come!

mescalineeyes and Garrett like this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this wait is absolutely ending me lol. any "No Frame" type bangers on here, y'all?

13. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

you’re gonna be fed m8

14. Rowan5215

yesssss

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I screen recorded the entire thing on my phone and I’m gonna watch it til the record comes out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FWIW - I preordered the new record on vinyl

16. Rowan5215

this went sooo hard. never thought my reaction to a livestream would be concern that the album won't live up to it, but here we are

chorus of "Thorn" was my highlight, good god what a hook

17. Rowan5215

they really expect me to watch that and then wait another month to hear it all again? insanity

Crisp X, beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Still 6 hours to go on my side of the world. This makes me realize I could've probably just bought a North America ticket instead but hey, still time to blast their discography in celebration.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

All these comments have me so hyped

20. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

Nate young from anberlin was one of the voyeurist drummers. Big shocker there….

this was beautifully done.

21. The livestream is now starting over here, with the Q&A to follow. I'm so excited!!

beachdude and Ferrari333SP like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I really hope they release this as a live record in a few months. Some songs sound even better live like Hallelujah.

23. RyanPm40

If someone ripped this to Dropbox, hit me up haha. I swear I did pay for the digital download, I'm just impatient

24. tvck

Trusted

Same. This was great and I would love to listen during work this upcoming week. Hit me up!

25. That was fantastic. They definitely saved some highlights for the album tracks. I have so many thoughts about the album as a whole, but I'll try to do a second watch before I can express all of them.

As for the unheard songs, and in a stream of consciousness way:

- I’m Pretty Sure I’m Out of Luck and Have No Friends: I wasn't expecting a slower/sludgier song this early so this took me by surprise. Chris seems to shine on the synths, and the ending is classic heavy Underoath.

- Thorn: I had the chorus in my head for the past couple months, so hearing the full version is so satisfying. Definitely a continuation of Erase Me's more anthemic side, and more specifically Another Life or Loneliness, though it does execute that sound much better than the former at least. The classic Aaron / Spencer dual vocals are at their best here.

- (No Oasis): I missed haunting and eerie Underoath. Despite its short duration, it works well as the album's sole mellow track, and perfectly segues into the next one.

- Take A Breath: Speaking of, I think I remember the band saying they had Sink With You in mind as a template for Erase Me's follow-up, and I feel like this is more particularly evident on this one. The way it goes from a bouncy heavy rock track to one of the filthiest breakdowns they ever put out is incredible.

- We're All Gonna Die: Sounds straight out of Define The Great Line, except with Spencer on lead clean vocals. That alone put a smile to my face and made me believe it's going to be a fan favorite.

- Numb: Also feels like a spiritual successor to Sink With You, with an urgent feel driven by Aaron's drums, and probably the best chorus on the album. I couldn't help but wonder how the hell can he sing while playing that sick drum beat? Lastly, do you ever have those moments when you hear the first part of a song and can already tell it's going to be your favorite, or that you always dreamed of the band releasing it? This is the one for me, and I can see it become one of my favorite Underoath songs ever once I can listen to the studio version.

All that aside, the pitch correction on Thorn and Numb took me out a bit, I mean it slightly made me giggle to hear Spencer's vocals wobble on the latter, unless that was intentional. The most memorable visuals were Thorn, and more particularly during that percussion centric ending, and (No Oasis).

Going to catch the Q&A in a moment!