Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Voyeurist (January 14, 2022) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jul 14, 2021.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Ah my mistake. Their “we did this all on our own” post was misleading lol. Still somewhat surprising to me though.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Finally getting around to listening to Hallelujah. Fuck. That song is cool.

ChrisCantWrite and beachdude like this.
  3. Hppened with PVRIS and that blighted rollout for Use Me last year. Slated for May 1st, pushed to July 10th and finally August 28th but somewhere put it up on July 10th and it was everywhere within minutes.

Crisp X likes this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Just now listening to the song... it sounds a little too much like BMTH. I think its the chanting. Not big on it.

5. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

They sent me an extra 15% off code if anyone would like to use it: J29HP928

6. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Touring and first week numbers baby. Recognition, recognition, recognition.

beachdude likes this.
  7. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Might've said this before, but would definitely appreciate some more "meandering" songs where they ditch the typical verse/chorus/verse/chorus structure and just let the Oathness flow through. Some of their best songs are the ones where you have no idea where the song will lead.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Paper Lung is a great example and one of their best songs to date.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

or the entirety of Disambiguation

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Similarly, I love when Tim and James are just making all sorts of sounds and unpredictable turns with the guitars rather than just straight riffing. Haven’t listened to hallelujah yet but damn excuses nailed it. Don’t really see that in metalcore anymore.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Kinda related - I wonder if James and Grant recorded / had a bigger role in making this album unlike on Erase Me.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I saw an interview, probably posted here, where Chris said this record was a lot more “collaborative” within the band, so sounds like it, though I thought Tim pretty exclusively wrote the guitars already.

beachdude and HelloThisIsDog like this.
  13. dzyjay

Regular

Damn excuses is amazing. New song is good but I think it’s different / better than anything on erase me still.

HeckYeahMatt likes this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

It’s honestly a little too much like this band from 2004. I wish they wouldn’t copy other bands.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

In the Chris interview he said they didn’t record but this time after each stage (ie as they were demoing, as they were recording etc) they were invited in for honest feedback and input to help shape the songs.

beachdude, disambigujason and Crisp X like this.
  16. Yeah that's what I remember. He said that's an aspect where both James and Grant shine the most.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. helloiamzach

Regular

Not sure if this has been posted here yet - I haven't seen it - but Spencer is on the new Brand Of Sacrifice track. Easily one of the heaviest features he's done to date.

There's a 7-minute or so long video with it too that you can find on YouTube, but that's just the track if you don't care about that.

Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

finally listened to "hallelujah." it is awesome

beachdude and brendanmachow like this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

even though it's more of a verse/chorus affair than their old stuff they still do really cool things with the arrangement to make it feel more open-ended, cf. the bridge. think it helps also that the chorus is, though somewhat erase me, also very weird and new for them imo

20. Ronald.

Trusted

I listened to both new songs a couple of times on repeat. They aren't getting me as excited as I was the first time I heard On My Teeth, but the overall sound of these songs makes me feel like this record is going to be amazing front to back. It really sucks they began the rollout and then had to make the decision to postpone 3 months. I am going to do my best to not play these songs. Hallelujah has been stuck in my head since the day it was released and I only played it three or so times.

21. Ellite25

Regular

Every once in a while I go back to DTGL and that album still fucking rips.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Big undefinable facts

23. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Dates are starting to pop up on facebook... Looks like Dallas on Feb 18, 2022

24. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Full dates

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

coleslawed and sophos34 like this.
  25. tvck

Trusted

fuckkkkkkk