Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Releasing Audio/Video From Livestream

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Underoath have released the audio and video from their Lost in the Sound of Separation livestream to streaming platforms, and it’s available for purchase if you’d like.

After their groundbreaking, unparalleled, and influential OBSERVATORYlivestream series this past July, which grossed almost $800,000 in total sales (including tickets, merch, and vinyl) across 54 countries, GRAMMY-nominated band UNDEROATH are issuing the audio and video from the first livestreamed show of the full album performance of 2008's Lost in The Sound of Separation. The audio was remixed by Chad Howat (Paramore, K. Flay.)

Underoath were one of the first artists to produce an immersive, full production that was completely livestreamed — to this day, the vast majority of streams aren't truly live. Underoath approached this series as more than just the live performance, and as they launch Phase 2 of OBSERVATORY, they want fans to be able to access or own the audio and video from the groundbreaking event. If fans aren't interested in owning the material, they can still listen to the show anytime via their favorite streaming platform. Music videos of select songs will be released weekly for each show. 

The material is accessible here.

Revolver has also partnered with Underoath to offer a limited vinyl pressing for each of the three studio albums featured in the OBSERVATORY series.

The OBSERVATORY series influenced countless others in the livestreaming space and was featured in Billboard, Forbes, CNBC, Revolver, Loudwire, Alternative Press, and Rock Sound.

For OBSERVATORY, the band performed a show per week, broadcast from a secret location and including a groundbreaking new stage design utilizing full touring production exclusively built for these online performances. The series kicked off with the Grammy-nominated Lost In The Sound of Separation,followed by the gold-selling Define the Great Line, and wrapped with They're Only Chasing Safety, which also achieved Gold status.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

josh.hofer likes this.
  2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

man this sounds so damn good

3. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Hell yeah! I just got done listening and I’m really happy they left in all the new interludes Chris made.

Orla likes this.
  4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

It's a little weird they say how much it grossed, right? Just me?

Will listen though.

5. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

It does seem like a lot but it does include all the vinyl and mercy preorders. Personally speaking, it was an expensive bundle to buy. I did a lot of back and forth in my head before I clicked purchase lol.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  6. transrebel59

Regular

I'm glad they did include that, though. Hopefully it pushes more bands to stream live shows.

Crisp X and aspeedomodel like this.
  7. josh.hofer

Do we know if they'll be releasing the other two shows as a video purchase too?

Brent likes this.
  8. alifetimeaway

Did they also do this with thier earlier records?

9. josh.hofer

they did one for they're only chasing safety and define the great line

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh my

it sounds so good

reachingfor likes this.
  11. ThumbsUpComics

Dumb guy

They sent out an email which ended with this "STAY TUNED FOR DEFINE THE GREAT LINE AND THEY'RE ONLY CHASING SAFETY..."

So it seems like a yes!

Brent, joe.boy.fresh., Orla and 2 others like this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Apparently there’s an emailed discount if you watched the streams but I don’t see it in my inbox or spam. Anyone know what the discounted prices are in case it’s just automatically applied?

13. ThumbsUpComics

Dumb guy

"AS A THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THE LIVE TRANSMISSION, WE WANTED TO GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP THE AUDIO AND VIDEO FILES FOR 5.99 OR BOTH FOR 9.99 WITH DISCOUNT CODE THANKULITSOS"

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh fuuuuck yes.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wonder if they had always planned to do this or if this is something they came up with bc the vinyl is delayed so much

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oh nice, thanks!

ThumbsUpComics likes this.
  17. josh.hofer

oh hell yeah, thank you! instabuy the video at that price, no question.

ThumbsUpComics likes this.