Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath No Fix Tour Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Scott Siegel, Feb 26, 2018.

1. thekingofnaps

Really excited for this show. Not sure why Bloodlust is getting all this shade, one of my favorites from the album. The lack of the bangers from Disambiguation and LISTOS is disappointing, but can't really expect much with so many albums from them.

Frenzyofdeceit and bachna84 like this.
  2. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I went to this tonight. I think the crowd was crazier for DGD than it was for Underoath. I was getting slammed around and having crowdsurfers dropped on me during the entire DGD set.

UO and DGD rocked. Veil Of Maya and Limbs were ok.

3. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

I was at the lynchburg show. Every band but Veil killed it. They're such a weird band to have on this tour. I was up by the barrier and the crowd was pretty engaged on every song except Bloodlust and In Division, but it was definitely not as intense as the last few UO shows I've been to.

4. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i thought the crowd was more hype in lynchburg than knoxville but both were pretty crazy. i barely remember at this point but i feel like when i saw them in charlotte for rebirth tour, it was pretty dead. self help was good but again basically only just for songs from tocs and dtgl

5. Chuck!

Regular

same setlist last night, except no In Division unfortunately

Oddjob likes this.
  6. andrewcloer May 7, 2018
    (Last edited: May 7, 2018)
    andrewcloer

the last two times i saw them was in ATL and it was insane.

I did see them at that charlotte rebirth date, and you're right. The crowd was meh. The sound blew at that date too.

7. thekingofnaps

I'm going to be so upset if they don't play it at my date. One of my favorite UO songs.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  8. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Same, fingers crossed they keep it on for iowa.

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea if I was going to this tour knowing they were playing In Division and then didn't at my date I would be low key devastated

bachna84 and Theemoflamingo like this.
  10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Maybe I was just real close to the front but that Charlotte rebirth show was nuts around me.

justin. likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Atlanta Rebirth is the craziest crowd I've ever been in. That show was nuts--the band even talked about it being different and special quite a few times afterwards.

andrewcloer likes this.
  12. andrewcloer

It was unreal. Definitely my favorite time I've seen them.

13. darkstorms139

Regular

If anyone needed set times, the ones in Baltimore tonight are:

7-7:25 Limbs
    7:40-8:10 Veil of Maya
    8:30-9:15 DGD
    9:45-11 Underoath

ChampsMusic likes this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The half hour wait sounds grueling just sitting here. Shorten that, scrap Veil, and play 90-120 mins like a band with 5 albums of material should.

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

They can scrap DGD too imo

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oooh strong disagree there. Love DGD.

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, scrap Limbs too, fuck opening acts

While we're at it let's scrap Underoath too, and just stay home, what's the big deal about concerts anyways

18. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Probably the best DGD set I've ever seen. Banger after banger. Their stage presence has only increased with age and this tour they're inserting instrumental background music between songs which helps a TON in my opinion. It fits their vibe and also fills in the awkward silences while the band catches their breath. Especially since Tilian and Jon don't talk much between songs (which is fine). Tilian's singing was great compared to the other times I've seen him and his dancing is hilarious. Jon was the best sounding Jon I've ever heard live. He was hitting these long notes that almost left me in awe. They did really well.

Each time I've seen Underoath, I felt like I was prepared for them to come on stage. Yet every time they blast into that first song they just blow the whole crowd away. They make a 5,000 sq ft venue seem like an arena sized show based on their energy. Holy crap. They haven't lost a beat at all. Highlight was seeing that damn Bloodlust bridge live. Such an epic moment. I also didn't know how sentimental that song was for Spencer as it showcases a dark past when he was dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts. He gave a speech about it before they performed.

Obviously they killed it on all their older songs and I was surprised to see how well the new songs transitioned into a live setting. On My Teeth's blistering opening, No Frame's epic drop, Raptures progression, It Has To Start Somewhere fits in as if it were off DTGL. They played Paper Lung which was interesting. I would have like a different Disambig song, but I really can't complain because they all sounded so cohesive.

I had VIP so I was able to meet the band and talk to them all again. I asked Aaron about a follow-up to "Badlands" and he said it's in the plan, but way down the line. They are focusing on UO 100% this year which made me happy. I spoke with Chris about VR and Architecture (I'm an architect) which is always cool because we are always tweeting each other things about it. Tim and I talked a bit about the music instagram that I run and the whole process of the new album (based off hearing his podcasts about it). James doesn't have any social media so it was tough fielding questions for him, but his favorite new song is No Frame. Grant was really fun to talk to because I brought a "CAPS in 5 over TBL" sign. I'm a Capitals fan and we play Tampa Bay next round. He found it funny and made sure to sign it appropriately with his own revisions. We talked hockey for a while. Lastly I talked with Spencer about the new record and how mind-blowing it was leading up to the release. He also had some interesting things to say about Tooth and Nail and how they had to buy out that contract. He's super happy with Fearless and the support they've gotten from them. I asked if that meant future music releases and before I could finish the question he said "oh yeah, of course."

Killer show. I'm so happy these guys are back for good.

19. Theemoflamingo

Regular

glad you had a good time! Did they play in division?

20. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

They did not. Looks like they did a clean swap of In Division for Paper Lung. 14 total songs.

21. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Had an absolute BLAST at last nights show in Baltimore, crowd was slow to start out, but really filled out by the time DGD came on. Crowd seemed about equal to a bit more hyped on Underoath, especially during the classic jams. Ive been thinking too since its been brought up in here a bunch. Would it be possilbe that bc this tour was basically built around a festival schedule that its possible that the setlist reflects a more "generic" mainstream set of song choices & if they do another tour this fall that it would have more songs that we like from Erase Me & the other albums?

bachna84 likes this.
  22. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

At the show in wallingford, if you see me come say hi!!

23. Oddjob

Yes, I have it on good authority that they will be playing disambiguation and take this to your grave in full this fall on a massive stadium tour.

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Take this to your grave is a fall out boy album and fob already has a fall tour so...

coleslawed likes this.
  25. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Man, I never thought I would ever be in a dead crowd for Underoath....but last night I was in a dead crowd for Underoath.

I was 4 people from the barricade and I didn’t even get bumped into until the last song.