Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Erase Me Fall 2018 Tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by justin., Jul 16, 2018.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm glad I saw them on this tour, cause I would not pay to see anyone else on that lineup. :worried::worried:

2. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Really surprised AA is billed above UO. Or I'm just out of touch.

3. allastud

Regular

if This tour was in Amphitheatre tour, I would do lawns in a heart beat. I grew up on skillet and would like to see fight the fury live. I would be okay with watching those 2 and Underoath then leaving.

4. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I’d actually say at this moment in time Underoath is probably bigger but asking Alexandria has a history with this crowd and at their biggest were bigger than Underoath.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! I thought the days of fresh set lists were over but it was great! I always have my gripes but it was a pretty refreshing show for them, I left very happy.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  6. bkaeser93

Trusted

Set times for the Tampa show.
    The Plot In You: 6:30-6:50
    Crown The Empire: 7:05-7:30
    Dance Gavin Dance: 7:45-8:15.
    Anberlin: 8:30-9:10.
    Underoath: 9:30-11:00.

7. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Not what I was expecting from Anberlin with how they placed them on the poster

8. bkaeser93

Trusted

Honestly wish they would start the show earlier and have all the bands play longer. 20 min Plot set and 30 min DGD set is very upsetting

9. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

CTE didn’t make it to norfolk on tuesday and underøath ended up playing like 24 or 25 songs. they said it’s the longest set they’ve ever played in Virginia. it was fucking great.

10. Theemoflamingo

Regular

What extra songs did they play if you can remember? That's awesome

Austin Schwarm likes this.
  11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

setlistdotfm

12. Theemoflamingo

Regular

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Kind of disappointed I didn't make it to any of the dates due to some life events taking some precedence but at least I didn't have to sit through Crown The Empire again

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  14. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Went to the show in NYC. They were great. The new songs sounded great live.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve seen em 3 times since Erase Me came out and It Has to Start Somewhere always quiets the crowd. Usually seem kinda bored for No Frame too but that’s at least slower. Guessing a lot of people still just haven’t heard non-singles?

16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think the majority of the fan base is just really into the older songs altogether. Even On My Teeth to open the show doesn’t get nearly the reception as the next song on the set list, although it has definitely improved with my experience a couple weeks ago vs over the summer. In my experiences at their shows over the last couple years, it seems like both the Erase Me songs and also the Disambiguation track they play just fall kinda flat to the crowd- it was especially noticeable for Paper Lung when I saw them play in Indiana last year.
    And finally, it’s funny you mention IHTSS specifically because when I left their show a couple weeks back I literally made the same comment, that song specifically felt like such a dud compared to the others they had in the set that night. They should def swap it out moving forward and try a different one instead, maybe finally play Hold Your Breath.

disambigujason likes this.
  17. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

well fuck

Austin Schwarm likes this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Anyone go to the Tampa show? Interested to hear how they did headlining in the arena environment

19. Mason

Regular

I thought it was a really great show. I did GA and people down there seemed really into it. Sounded good too. Wish Anberlin played a bit longer, as they made it seem like a co-headliner, but with 5 bands playing, I get that it might just not have been possible.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Definitely agree on the disambiguation point, nobody seemed to care for illuminator, even less than paper lung. Ugh I can’t imagine getting more excited for rapture than IHTSS but the drop off for that song specifically is indeed remarkable.
    According to Spencer’s impromptu poll at least like half the crowd had never seen them before, and it didn’t seem like a particularly young crowd so I think it’s wild that after the past like 4 tours they’ve done they’re still drawing first timers who basically just wanna see reinventing your exit and writing on the walls.

21. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i was at tampa on the floor and i guess the only complaint i have is spencer's singing parts were pretty bad. rapture, the first half of i gave up, and the first half of that acoustic cover were not good.

22. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

norfolk sold out in 5 hours for the rebirth tour, out of the crowd this past tuesday besides me and my friends (there’s a good 10-15 of us that always go to shows together) spencer said about 70% of the crowd had never seen them before. people went ape shit to almost every song though

23. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

i honestly don’t recall. 1 extra from disambiguation 2 more from TOCS, 1 more from DTGL

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Hate saying this but I just don’t think Spencer has a very good voice and also isn’t a very good singer. He sounds fine on record and this kind of music doesn’t need smooth crooning vocals but his screaming is just so much better.

SaveTheEarth and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Some of those clips of Heart Shaped Box made my ears hurt.

disambigujason likes this.