Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Erase Me Fall 2018 Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by justin., Jul 16, 2018.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

A fault line a fault of fucking mine!!!!!!

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

On My Teeth

Young & Aspiring

In Regards To Myself

Breathing in a new mentality

Rapture

Dangerous Business

Illuminator

Desperate Times Desperate Measures

ihateit

Reinventing your exit

It has to start somewhere

A Fault Line A Fault of Mine

No Frame

Too bright to see

A boy brushed red

I gave up

Encore:

Heart Shaped Box (acoustic cover)

Writing on the Walls

K0ta, Davjs and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sweet setlist, would’ve liked to seen Wake Me or Sink With You from the new album...

4. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

SO FUCKING HYPED!!! GAHHHHH

5. Chuck!

Regular

I was planning to skip this tour but that setlist is extremely enticing

6. himynameisdakota

Regular

Would’ve loved to see 1-2 more Disambiguation jams but otherwise a killer set list

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I just realized there's no Betrayed on the DGD setlist. I'm so confused.

michael_gatto likes this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I was expecting a longer set based on this

Larry David likes this.
  9. bkaeser93

Trusted

I don’t know why The Plot In You doesn’t play I’ve Always Wanted To Leave. Really wish they would

Mason likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

No 'Time Changes Everything' or 'The One You Loved' either :(

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

The Plot In You was great.

Crown The Empire was totally forgettable.

Dance Gavin Dance was insane, half the crowd left after they were done.

Underoath put on a very good show, but it felt like the crowd got bored half way through the set.

This was tonight in New Orleans...

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

Went to this tonight and had a blast! There was an accident, which meant a lot of traffic so I missed TPIY. Crown were okay, but they sort of bore me live. Dance Gavin Dance were incredible as always, they sounded extemely solid and the crowd went insane for them which was nice! And then Underoath absolutely killed it. One of the most solid live shows I've seen in a while.

This was also the first show I've gone to in Austin since I moved here in February and the venue was really cool!

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  13. bkaeser93

Trusted

The floor tickets for Tampa are now sold out. Glad I snagged mine

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  14. xkaylinh Nov 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2018)
    Haven't listened to Erase Me, but the songs from it that they played tonight sounded really good. Too Bright to See and Heart Shaped Box were the only surprises. Personally would've preferred +1 from DTGL and -1 from LITSOS. I don't think they played anything from Disambiguation; I was really hoping for Paper Lung at the very least.

edit: cross-referencing the set list @Garrett L. posted and the tracklist for Disambiguation and oh yeah they played Illuminator so I guess there's that.

Edit 2: I feel like this was entirely a nostalgia trip for me. I haven't followed this side of the scene in years, idk who DGD or the other two bands are. I got there late and completely missed the first one.

15. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It sounds like this specific tour wasn’t the perfect UO tour for you. This is the first time since they came back where they have filled the set with LITSOS songs, specifically because they’re celebrating the anniversary of it. They did the rebirth tour right away when they came back, where the entire sets were from Safety/DTGL, but every tour I’ve been to of theirs since then has mainly been songs from those two albums, as well as Erase Me songs generally.

I’m glad you had a good time seeing them. They still put on a great show. DGD has been around for a long time too, but for some reason are kind of finally getting pretty big after all these years. The other two bands are kinda mediocre anyway. You didn’t miss much, lol.

16. xkaylinh Nov 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2018)
    Even though TOCS was my entry point, nostalgia aside I probably prefer LITSOS for its experimentation and atmospheric sound, so I wouldn't necessarily say this wasn't the tour for me, I'm just being super nitpick-y. Yeah, I would've liked Paper Lung and maybe one of the heavier songs from DTGL (Moving for the Sake of Motion or Returning Empty Handed) but I loved seeing Too Bright to See, Too Loud to Hear, and if they'd replaced one of their other LITSOS songs with Emergency Broadcast: The End is Near I would've been thrilled. Honestly, I'm just glad I got to see Spencer and Aaron share the stage; I completely missed out on seeing them before the breakup, so this was my first ever UO show.

I'm pretty glad I got there late then? haha. (I also missed out on Jaden Smith when he opened for FOB, but I was like, "sweet, I didn't have to sit through that.") I got kind of bored during DGD as well. This was a much different scene from my other recent concerts, as I haven't really been into heavy music in a while. I did enjoy the overall experience, though.

17. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

What the heck? We only got like 13 songs from UO on the spring tour. This setlist is a little more fleshed out at least.

18. Yeah, no, the length of it is great, I just would've preferred some different songs.

19. jordanjohnson09

Regular

man i love plot. i would argue that dispose is better than artificial selection and erase me. but yeah performance wise underoath is on another level.

20. Mason

Regular

Yeah, I absolutely love Dispose, minus one song. Excited to see the new stuff live. Last time I saw them they had just came out with CYWYCB. Such a different band now. Loved them from the beginning, but the new stuff suits Landon better since he has a great voice.

21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Still excited for this but do wish there was more Disambiguation

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Seeing that setlist has me so hyped for my date!!

23. Blink182Bouncer Nov 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2018)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'm kinda late, but does anyone know why the Boise show was cancelled day-of?

EDIT: Went deep into the comments section of their instagram: apparently the promoter cancelled the show days before, against Underoath's wishes, and forgot to send the email alert to ticketbuyers until 6 HOURS before doors.

24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Damn that's a clusterfuck.

25. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Wow that really sucks for the bands and the fans. What was the problem? Ticket sales?