Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Erase Me Fall 2018 Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by justin., Jul 16, 2018.

1. bkaeser93

Trusted

CTE is the only downfall of the tour. I agree or have like ETID on it instead

DesireToPlease and y2jayjk like this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Not a fan of Underoath or Crown the Empire, but don't hate them either. I'll never miss DGD though, and The Plot In You is a nice extra too.

3. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Seeing gaps in there for a possible add for a DMV date, would love this to hit The Fillmore, but if not I'll take the trek up to Philly for this for sure!

4. jordanjohnson09

Regular

since they just played the fillmore silver spring on the last tour I doubt they would come back

5. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

They played The Fillmore 3 tours ago for Rebirth, last tour was Baltimore at Rams Head.

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  6. jordanjohnson09

Regular

ah yeah it was rams head. got confused i remember a random dgd/ i see stars date leaking that was supposed to be the fillmore.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  7. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Please, please, please Chicago. *every finger crossed*

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Not a huge fan of DGD, and TPIY are alright. But I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Underoath fan so I bought tickets, and hey for NY it'll be at the venue I saw them for Rebirth tour.

Don't tease me like this, having Underoath and ETID on the same tour would actually ascend me to the heavens

Frenzyofdeceit and y2jayjk like this.
  9. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Finally a New Orleans date, been wayyyyy to long...

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I wish VoM was on this leg too. Those other bands stink. But I'm still happy to see UO and DGD

OdeToTheSun likes this.
  11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I would have fucking died happy that night if that happened. Pun intended.

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Underoath is playing at Warped Tour in Cuyahoga Falls (Cleveland) on Wednesday. They are only playing three shows and that one is one of them. The venue and the band both posted it. Not that it’s something that matters to me - I’m still going to go to Warped Tour and this tour. Lol. Just surprising

13. rlngstrt

ADVENTR

Sorry, since they didn't play my date I forgot that they were playing on Warped. I guess since they are only doing a few dates that maybe they didn't sign a contract with the standard radius clause??

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

Love that Underoath and DGD are touring together again since I missed it earlier this year.

15. allastud

Regular

Hopefully a Toronto date gets added after tomorrow

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

if there is a chicago date for this it wont be announced till after riot fest in september

nomemorial likes this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Honestly Crown The Empire is such a weird band. When I listen to them I just feel nothing. Like they don't feel emotional or heavy, they're just white noise to me.

Which isn't bad, cause I actually like their music and melodies and songwriting turns. But then I saw them live and just couldn't get into the crowd. It was like "how can you mosh to this?" cause they just don't impact me with heaviness. They're like music to fall asleep to in the back of a car on a road trip.

DesireToPlease likes this.
  18. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I saw Crown The Empire with Attila (yeah, I know, judge me), For All I Am, and some other bands back in the day. Didn’t care for them then, still don’t care for them now.

19. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Just grabbed tickets for Huntington! I'm stoked for this tour even though I don't care about CTE. The rest of the lineup is stacked.

20. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

As someone that has seen CTE live ALOT, their live set definitely took a hit within the past 2 yrs when they lost their lead guitarist & unclean vocalists. Been a fan for yrs & enjoyed a lot of their shows, but I have to agree, saw them most recently open for Asking Alexandria & I wasn't into their set at all bc THEY didn't really seem into it either.

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Out of curiosity: Where should I start to get into Underoath? I'm coming from the more melodic side of post-hardcore/metalcore (Silverstein, Dance Gavin Dance, Issues, early-SWS, blessthefall) so if I could get some good song reccomendations that'd be great.

22. Mtlman1331

Trusted

They’re only chasing safety and Define the great line are their best work and most popular albums and their brand new album is very good as well, but honestly imo all Underoath albums have been great.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  23. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Nailed it.

24. justin. Jul 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Good songs?
    I would go in this order

Reinventing Your Exit
    It’s Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door
    In Regards to Myself
    Writing On the walls
    A Fault Line, A Fault of Mine
    Too Loud to Hear, Too Bright to See
    Paper Lung
    On My Teeth

When the Sun Sleeps is a great song but I wouldn’t start with it due to the song featuring their old vocalist and most likely being absent from their future setlists.

They’re Only Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, and Lost in the Sound of Separation are the three albums that a lot of Underoath fans consider their best and essential. They have three previous albums under a different front man and they are good albums but not very essential to modern Underoath. Disambiguation and Erase Me are good albums but drift a bit away from their three middle albums in terms of sound.

25. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Disambiguation is their best but they only play like one song now so it won't matter tour wise.

I'd recommend just going in order starting at Chasing Safety. They get progressively better each release.