Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Erase Me (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 21, 2018.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

pretty solid. didn’t love the chorus but didn’t hate it. the programming in the beginning is tight and aaron’s drumming is actually pretty solid. the screams are dope.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s no way there won’t be breakdowns on the album. My guess is it will be very industrial tho, that’s what Spencer is into now.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don't like it at all tbh

amorningofsleep likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Song sounds alright to me.

I haven't been a big Underoath fan for a long time, so I'm happy to wait for the full album on Spotify before giving it another shot. Not expecting to love it, but should be a fun throwback.

If anything, maybe this release will get me to spend more time with their last album, which wasn't what I wanted at the time. Define the Great Line was always my easy favorite, but I think Disambiguation or whatever never got a fair chance from me. Remember loving "Paper Lung," I think it was called?

5. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

If the new Underoath is "Sleepwave with screaming", plus Aaron's drumming, sign me da heck up.

6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

never listened to sleepwave tbh but if this is what it sounds like i might give it a spin

7. sebastianrcgr

since no one has posted it yet, tracklist is out on iTunes, stoked af for this

Attached Files:

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lol of course "ihateit" is one of the explicit ones

9. CheapPop

Regular

Song rips. I need more!

10. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Edgy.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What did you think of the song?

12. goosetoph

u wut m8?

Truth

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  13. Underoath's twitter disappeared, like whaaaaaaat

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

On paper it sounds great but in reality I think that cheapens what makes Underoath great which is those elements combined with Tim’s guitar playing. This doesn’t sound like something tim would write, maybe the verse riffs that are buried

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

didn't like it at all, some potentially interesting parts but it still reminds me of what a 2006 metalcore song would sound like today with some extra industrial aspects.

but very little this band has put out has ever appealed to me so

16. atlas

Trusted

a little butt rocky but I'm still here for it

17. Interesting. Not quite sure what to think just yet.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I am really interested in hearing ‘ihateit’ after the German site compared it to BMTH’s last album. I wouldn’t be surprised if the title is what the members expect people to say about the song.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Reminded me of NIN at first.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol that can’t be good

21. Chase Tremaine Feb 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2018)
    Right. Aaron, still a Christian, doesn't give a flip about openly cursing.

What I would looooove to hear are lyrics that actually dialogue back and forth between Aaron's faith and Spencer's disbelief. But I guess that's kinda what Oh Sleeper's dynamic was.

fenway89 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I literally posted last night I hope this album sounds nothing like bring me the horizon

beachdude42, OotyPa and fenway89 like this.
  23. But I loved That's the Spirit! (no sarcasm)

24. hahahahhahaha

nice avatar by the by ;)

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I mean, they probably understand that some of their fan base won’t be open-minded to a poppy song regardless if it’s good.

I’m not nervous about it knowing that Spencer and the rest of the band are the ones doing it.