Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Erase Me (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 180

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 21, 2018.

1. socklord

Trusted

I'm gonna make it as simple as possible.

Underoath did not "full pop" or "change to something unrecognizable." They dialed back a lot of what I found interesting about their sound in favor of writing more music in the vein of TOCS. I don't like that album and I don't like this album. I much prefer their sound on Disambiguation, as well as DTGL and LITSOS.

I see people point out all the time "Erase Me still has heavy songs! Just listen to these songs!" and, I gotta say, I think most of the songs on this record suck and are boring as sin. I'm not sitting here saying "Well this album isn't good because it's not heavy!" I'm saying that this album isn't good because I think it's utterly forgettable.

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It’s far less interesting than the last three albums. It was a regression in the worst way for me and completely forgettable.

3. In a weird way, this album was the closest to both They're Only Chasing Safety and Disambiguation sonically. You get the conventional structures and the radio ready hooks of the former, and then the industrial elements and some of the lyrical themes of the latter. In the end, instead of blending both well, it just sounded dumbed down.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I don't think this album is bad just one that isn't for me.

awakeohsleeper and jciswhatis like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The direction on this album is awesome, but I do wish it had some heavier songs. If it had some heavier tracks and classic Underoath riffage going on I’d say they hit the nail on the head. But they didn’t and they slightly missed the head of the nail. But it’s important to mention there’s way more good than there is bad on this album.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. JM95

Trusted

I haven't listened to this album since it came out but I don't remember any of it sounding like TOCS?

SFguitar, bodkins and jciswhatis like this.
  7. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

...still the same story two years on. Ah well.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

I gotta say I do love the outro of Sink With You and the fake out ending.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

When I heard that, I sighed - would have been AWESOME :verysad:

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

WHATD he say?!? Were they gonna be a special guest?

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Surprise headline.

14. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Disambiguation has no right to be that good.

coleslawed and Micah511 like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Revisiting now. It’s true

Micah511 likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

justin. likes this.