Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Erase Me (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 178

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Dropping the static verse-chorus formula would be my main ask. I feel that their best songs tend to drift in so many different ways without relying on a ask/call pattern like the verse/chorus style of Erase Me.

Overall energy-wise, I would love to hear stuff more in the vein of Loneliness with more eerie twisty turns like I Gave Up/No Frame

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

If ya gotta stay with the more radio-rock direction, pls try to write better/more interesting hooks.

3. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Listen to All Hail and take notes.

4. nohandstoholdonto

Listen to Life is Peachy by Korn and take notes

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

More than anything I want as heavy as possible, but I think the cleans and pop structures are staying. That said, if they’re not gonna go heavy, i wish they’d go all in on the weird/atmospheric stuff (with screams please) and drive in the opposite direction of radio rock. I’ll like anything, but they’re too talented to do wake me part 2.

6. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

They just need to turn Chris loose. All the electronic and industrial vibes, I just think that element takes them to their best places. I second the calls for experimenting with their song structures, but I think it’ll depend on what kind of band they want to be at this point. If they want to keep opening for bands like Breaking Benjamin I don’t think they’re going to get too experimental

7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I always like their longer more atmospheric songs.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I need more beefy guitars. They sounded weak on Erase Me

9. himynameisdakota

Regular

I need Tim to lay down some serious riffs. ‘Breathing in a new mentality’ style.

10. Rawrz

Regular

Make something like Define/LITSOS again and nothing as boring as Erase Me lol.

VCargo08 and Joe4th like this.
  11. nohandstoholdonto

Just give me an album full of songs like Paper Lung

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still like this album a lot. I think it’s become my second favorite from them. I honestly see this as a progression from Chasing Safety. I’d love to see them progress further with this sound and get a little heavier.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still love about 90% of Erase Me. I don't care. The album is solid for what they were going for.

14. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I like the Erase Me songs because they’re still kinda weird musically but I can sing along to them. I loved hearing I Hate It in a live setting. Rapture fell flat live but they still played it constantly and I grew to enjoy it. I’d be fine if they never made another song that sounded anything like Sink With You, Wake Me, or Bloodlust. On My Teeth would be the perfect blueprint to write an album around with No Frame as the secondary blueprint for when you want things to get weird.

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

11 tracks of Catch Myself//Catching Myself or gtfo

that was aggressive and I'm sorry in advance

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Totally agree with the last sentence, though I love bloodlust and sink with you. Kinda weird bc I think SWY fits that No Frame mold we like and I Hate It isn’t too far off from wake me which we agree sucks lol

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wake Me is the one song I always skip. I wish they kept it off since it does sound like a b-side and the transition from the end of On My Teeth to Bloodlust sounds a lot cooler.

18. socklord

Trusted

What’s this band up to these days? I hated Erase Me, but Disambiguation is one of my favorite albums ever, plus DTGL and LITSOS are both really good too. Hoping for a return to form

VCargo08 likes this.
  19. Cmoney86 Dec 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 21, 2019)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

I think they are gonna record next year and put out a new album

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Genuinely cannot tell Spencer and Aaron apart on this album lol

VCargo08 likes this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Disambiguation is my favorite UO record for sure but this band is probably becoming bigger than they ever were before. Erase Me was a big success for them (so I doubt they will change back to their old sound) since they got actual radio play and did tours with pretty massive artists like Alice In Chains and Korn. I don’t care for all that myself, but those bands do sold out arenas, so it’s a lot exposure for the band.

I imagine we get another Fall record next year.

22. socklord

Trusted

They toured with Korn? Hell yeah, give me some Freak On A Leash/Y'all Want A Single style shit

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Give me Underoaths take on Twisted Transistor

24. nohandstoholdonto

Ahem

for real, Korn has ruled my life for the entire month of December

25. Aaron and Spencer are going to cover Word Up while the other members get a short break on stage