Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Erase Me (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 170

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Yeah that sounds about right. I definitely want it!

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The BB/Skillet tour is Chris' dream tour?

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I read this wrong and thought JLo ate two double doubles:

coleslawed likes this.
  4. ChampsMusic

So did I hahaha. I was like damn girl.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Erase Me is still a good album... I’ll defend this opinion. I probably prefer the other Spencer albums over it, but I still think it’s a good comeback and commend them for trying so many new things.

6. I thought it was lame and forgettable. But glad to have them back.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Been listening to No Frame a lot, that’s a top tier UO song for me.

kwilcox, awakeohsleeper and beachdude like this.
  8. drewinseries

Drew

To me Erase Me has some of their best, and some of their worst tracks.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

After the first couple months, I normally go to a mix of all an artist's stuff other than listen to an album in full.

That being said, over half the album are always on my Underoath mixes and on shuffle fit in well with their past stuff. It's a great addition to their discography.

beachdude and disambigujason like this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

On My Teeth - Only Survivor - In Regards to Myself is my favorite 3 punch combo to start off any Underoath session.

beachdude likes this.
  11. beachdude

It Has To Start Somewhere is a great opener. Production reminds me of TREOS still.

12. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Same producer as all the TREOS albums, Matt Squire is crazy good.

beachdude likes this.
  13. beachdude

Yeah I'm aware haha, I love his production style.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still really like this album. I still come back to it a bit. I think they delivered with it.

Davjs, DesolateEarth and beachdude like this.
  15. ChampsMusic

I’m ready for a new UØ album. Yes, I’m greedy.

Just hope they don’t follow down the BMTH and try to get too funky with it, I really like being able to hear Tim’s guitars. Not a knock on the new BMTH either, just wanting my angry UØ moments.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I consider myself a pretty open minded person when it comes to music, but the new BMTH album is not good. I couldn’t get halfway through it.

17. ChampsMusic

I’ve given it a good number of listens and have no desire to return to it and nothing was catchy enough to have me singing it in my head. I like Spirit a lot more.

It just seems like the trend of these metal ore bands it’s to find their niche and then slowly etch their way into a more main stream sound (The Word Alice, Emarosa, BMTH). I get that metalcore isn’t the same as it was back in 07/08, but going from that to radio friendly stuff is just odd to me.

So I’d be scared for Underoath to take that approach considering Wake Me and ihateit aren’t my favorites on this album. Either way I’ll always have trust in this band because they’ve always found a way to put out quality. They got a Grammy nom. I don’t see them stopping any time soon which makes me excited.

Pardon my ramblings.

Davjs likes this.
  18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Definitely still listen to some of this record and I think its good overall. I really love what they did with songs like Bloodlust, Sink With You, No Frame and Hold Your Breath. All very different for them and expand their sound. The obvious (and poor) attempts at radio rock rub me the wrong way though and hold this back from being a great album.

Gooddayz and disambigujason like this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It Has To Start Somewhere is possibly one of my top 10 Underoath songs at this point. Love it.

If I want to listen to Underoath I probably lean towards They're Only Chasing Safety (if I'm looking for nostalgia) and Lost In The Sound (if I want my favourite Underoath album). This one was enjoyable when it came out, but there's one or two tracks in the first half that I really struggle with.

Still, a good attempt and not as bad as some people make out.

20. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I dunno, I still really like this album even though so many of my friends with the exception of one constantly bitch about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

azzy01 and beachdude like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  22. Bane

The spiciest meme

wow that's pretty massive, good for them

I'll get that out before people start coming in saying "oh how far they've fallen" and whatever else

awakeohsleeper, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Korn and AIC have a ton of respect I think. So I doubt anyone will say this.

coleslawed, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  24. Bane

The spiciest meme

AIC sure, but I still see people bag on Korn

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Not a tour I would go to, but good for them!

coleslawed likes this.