Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath - Erase Me (April 6, 2018) Album • Page 166

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 21, 2018.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

I mean if they play fault line and other LITSOS songs to celebrate the 10 year anniversary i'm fucking going. Hahaha

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Those are easily 2 of the top 3-5 on the record too! For me at least. The bracket disagreed:sly:

Larry David and DesolateEarth like this.
  3. DesolateEarth

Birb

Man I saw them in 2008 when they were supporting LITSOS and I am trying to remember what they played besides the staples.

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

damn, that's the one song I want to see live more than anything else! hope it's one of the three

I remember Chris' Instagram posting a bunch of facts about Underoath songs a while back (they were actually really cool posts if you can find them, lots of insight on the writing and recording process). there was something about them never having played Fault Line because there's a big jump in key towards the end, or something? can't quite remember the specifics

Petit nain des Îles and Lucas27 like this.
  5. TOCS and DTGL got anniversary tours so these songs have to be taken from LITSOS or Disambiguation right? Vacant Mouth needs to come back.

6. Yeah I think the second half of the song is played with baritone guitars or something like that.

7. They played it on festival shows these last few years so it has to be another one! Unless they're rehearsing Desolate Earth? I'd love to hear this one as well.

8. Davjs

Trusted

I think I remember we took Fault Line pretty far for a while. It made it to the final 4 didn't it?

9. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Probably not. They've played Emergency Broadcast on the BMTH tour in 2017. Based off what Chris said I would imagine it would be something else.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Don’t remember specifics, I just remember being angry haha

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Looks like they’re dropping some sort of collab track next week?

12. beachdude

“Wasted Space” the collab track with Kayzo leaked. It’s interesting lol... looks like it’s a radio rip. Should be officially out on Halloween judging by that earlier tweet.

Davjs likes this.
  13. beachdude

Okay this is pretty crazy the more I listen to it. Gonna spoiler tag some more specific thoughts, so don’t read if you wanna be surprised on Wednesday lol...

Pretty crazy that this EDM-based track has a more “old school Underoath” feel to the vocals, with heavy amounts of screaming from Spencer and trading-off cleans between him and Aaron. Feels like if it had full-band instrumentation, it could almost be off of TOCS or DTGL vocally.

And then there’s the fact that this is, to my ears, EASILY the most anti-Christianity song thematically that they’ve released to date. The “hook” right before the drop is Spencer screaming “YOU’RE NOT MY GOD”, and the lyrics seem to tackle some sort of crisis of faith, or perhaps a false prophet claiming to represent God while seeking personal gain. Perhaps a critique of organized religion overall? Pretty weighty stuff for a collab track like this.

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Sounds interesting. Excited to hear it.

Davjs and beachdude like this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea consider my appetite whetted

beachdude likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If I read this description I’d be excited but the clip in the tweet did nothing for me. Intrigued to hear the full thing and see if I do enjoy it.

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

I definitely don't think everyone will like this lol, I'm not even sure if I love it but it's definitely interesting.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Underoath and dubstep.. I couldn't help but chuckle. Can't say I hate it, but I don't want more.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is godawful

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

the dubstep part is incredibly cringe. The rest of the song is decent.

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I think it’s weird someone might listen to the dub part and like, bop their head or something.

anyone remember those 3 remixes on the disambiguation deluxe edition? Man what a waste

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If anyone needs tickets for the Dallas show on Monday night, PM me. Looks like I'm gonna have an extra pair.

24. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This is fucking terrible. Jesus
    Vocals are cringe and the drop actually made me laugh.

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

who in the band was all about this collab and thinks it’s good and who in the band secretly knows this shit is the whackest thing they’ve ever done by a long shot but won’t speak up