Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reinventing Your Bracket (Underoath Brackets) Bracket

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bachna84, Apr 12, 2018.

1. bachna84 Apr 12, 2018
    (Last edited: May 23, 2018)
    bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Beginning 4-17-18

[​IMG]

We'll have 8 rounds (beginning with The Changing of Times) leading up to a championship bracket.

The 8 rounds will be:

1) The Changing of Times
    2) They're Only Chasing Safety
    3) Define the Great Line
    4) Lost in the Sound of Separation
    5) Ø (Disambiguation)
    6) Anthology (essentially just a quick round of Sunburnt vs. Unsound)
    7) Erase Me
    8) Wild Card (the runners-up from the previous 7 brackets)

After some discussions with various people on this site, I've decided not to include the albums Act of Depression or Cries of the Past. Stylistically they're very different from their later work and there would likely be a much lower turnout for those rounds.

A couple other quick items to touch on...

I realize that the thread title "Underoath Brackets" is boring and uninspired. I'm open to suggestions on a new thread name!

Bonus tracks will be included in the album bracket that they are a part of. For example, They're Only Chasing Safety bonus tracks will be included in the They're Only Chasing Safety bracket. I've decided not to include the Disambiguation bonus tracks since they are remixes of songs on that album.

Lastly, as far as a start date, I'd prefer to start it at the beginning of a week instead of, say, tomorrow so that we can get some momentum going. I envision each round lasting a full 24 hours and possibly keeping rounds open for 48 hours during the weekend. The reason I prefer to start next Tuesday instead of next Monday is because my son has a doctor appointment on Monday and I'm not really sure what my availability will be that day.

Please follow this thread, invite your friends, and stay tuned for the first round next Tuesday!

EDIT: @disambigujason gets full credit for the thread title!

Bracket Winners:

1) The Changing Of Times - When The Sun Sleeps (Runner-Up: Alone In December)

2) They're Only Chasing Safety - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door (Runner-Up: Young And Aspiring)

3) Define The Great Line - In Regards To Myself (Runner-Up: Writing On The Walls)

4) Lost In The Sound Of Separation - The Only Survivor Was Miraculously Unharmed (Runner-Up: We Are The Involuntary)

5) Disambiguation - Catch Myself Catching Myself (Runner-Up: Illuminator)

6) Anthology - Sunburnt (Runner-Up: Unsound)

7) Erase Me - Hold Your Breath (Runner-Up: No Frame)

8) Wild Card - Writing On The Walls (Runner-Up: Young And Aspiring)

9) Championship - The Only Survivor Was Miraculously Unharmed (Runner-Up: In Regards To Myself)

2. Davjs

Trusted

I do not know The Changing of Times so I'll try to listen before this starts. Wasn't there a different singer for that album?

bachna84 likes this.
  3. bachna84

Yep! Dallas Taylor (who was later in Maylene & The Sons of Disaster)

4. bachna84

Aaron also did vocals on a few of the songs on that album though.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Bracketlust
    Hold your bracket
    Bracket In a new mentality
    Define the great bracket
    A bracket brushed red
    Reinventing your bracket

Thanks for running this @bachna84 !
    The other day I had a moment of reflection and really missed the brackets.

Davjs, bachna84 and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  6. bachna84 Apr 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2018)
    bachna84

Hop on in to the Sum 41 one to quench your bracket thirst! (we're doing the wild card round now)

As far as the name suggestions, Reinventing your bracket has a very nice ring to it :) I expected nothing less from you

disambigujason likes this.
  7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Here for TOCS onward

BornToRun and bachna84 like this.
  8. bachna84

Nice! I considered starting with that one, but there are a decent number of people here it seems got into the band with The Changing of Times

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

how do these work

bachna84 likes this.
  10. bodkins

Trusted

Here for it (after TCOT)

bachna84 likes this.
  11. bachna84

We’ll have a “bracket” for each album. Each round there will be several matchups and the participants vote for their favorite songs.

The songs with the most votes advance to the next round until finally there is a winner for each album.

Typically during each round there are some good discussions that take place too

primavera likes this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Worth noting my vote counts thrice

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  13. bachna84

disambigujason likes this.
  14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

cool cool

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't believe I wasn't expecting one of these with how much brackets have been going on, but yes yes yes

bachna84 likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m here for it. Excited to see some discussion on TCOT.

bachna84 likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm definitely going to have to relisten to it. Don't think I've listened to it in full for years.

bachna84 likes this.
  18. johnnyferris

I can barely understand what Dallas is screaming, but it’s always been an album to mindlessly headband to haha

Some cool Chris moments on it and extensive double bass usage by Aaron at times.

bachna84 likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The difference between Dallas' screaming in this release and his vocal work for Maylene is always crazy to me.

bachna84 likes this.
  20. choke

Skatecat

Excited for this. Haven't listened to TCOT in years.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I have not heard TOCT yet but this is cool and has me excited. In the rest of their stuff he doesn't seem to use it too much. Moving for the Sake of Motion is the only thing that comes to mind really when I think double bass.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

He has this subtle (as subtle as double bass can be) pattern that pops in during the verse of The Impact of Reason that I’ve always loved. Just a cool groove.

johnnyferris, Davjs and bachna84 like this.
  23. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

In

bachna84 likes this.
  24. johnnyferris

You’ll be looking for A Message For Adrienne for one of the heaviest UØ parts.

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So, just checked my iTunes... the last time I listened to the whole of The Changing of Times was 2011 (I did listen to the first half in 2013 but clearly switched off half way through!)

bachna84 likes this.