Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Announce New Album; Release New Video • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 22, 2018.

1. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

One could lob the same criticism at their past labels like Tooth and Nail/Solid State and Roadrunner. So if this is the sound of their new record, it probably has more to do with them wanting it, than that they've suddenly caved to label pressure after years of likely resisting it.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

nah again i don't mean that they didn't want to make this sound or caved to label pressure, just that signing to Fearless was an indicator of what sound they would pursue

DesireToPlease likes this.
  3. KyleK

Touche. That is a distinction from what I thought you'd meant. Sorry that I misunderstood your point! I still don't know if I agree with you (in that it sounds "manufactured" or that signing with Fearless meant that they'd sound this way), but the point I was debating was off-base.

4. Malatesta

yeah a lot of folks seem to disagree so i'll sit on it, we'll see how the album sounds

honkytonk and DesireToPlease like this.
  5. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

With the BMTH support spot, high up spots at major fests, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this COULD end up being the heaviest song on the record. A pseudo-radio rock UO would not surprise me. They have always said they wanted a trajectory like Deftones. I think some BIG commercial success could do that for them.

6. KyleK

Are they still looking for that though? They don't even want to be a full-time band anymore. Plus, it was easier to be a big commercial success as a rock band back in their previous peak (and they didn't go softer then), so I kinda doubt they would change their sound now - at least for the purpose of achieving mainstream success.

7. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

They're all in again. A lot of them left their jobs or whatever else they were doing to do this.

8. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

I talked to people in their camp and they are on a trajectory to try and get twice as big as they were before. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is actually the heaviest song.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  9. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Not the biggest fan of the song at all, but excited about a new album. This song sounds like Linkin Park to me :tongue:

10. colemanbright

HAHAHA I burst out laughing at this. SO stoked to have a new Underoath (with Aaron) record in 2018. I also love that they're cursing, and I can relate a lot to their newfound embracing of honesty and inclusion.

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Much as I love them, I dunno how feasible that is. They had 2 gold records more than 10 years ago when rock was much more mainstream than it is right now. To get bigger than that, when even the biggest rock bands nowadays are struggling to go gold, let alone platinum, seems like something that just doesn't make much sense.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. silentc

Regular

I just got an email from Underoath and they will be making a Tour Announcement on Monday

Matt504 likes this.
  13. hypotc

Waggy

Here's a YouTube playlist of the Lost In The Sound Of Separation Official Instrumentals btw. Check them out! :D

Download here:
    MEGA

14. Analog Drummer

Regular

Yep. Shane from Silversteins pod Aaron really rips into the Christian music business hard

15. KyleK

That was my thinking too (as much as I like them too). But besides, even if they did want to get bigger, and I'm not sure how a band even quantifies getting bigger in this day and age, that really doesn't mean this has to be the heaviest song on the album.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  16. tvck

Trusted

dafuq on Linkin Park comparisons? Seriously? Are we listening to the same song?

17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I don't think the chorus sounds exactly like Linkin Park, but I can certainly draw a parallel here. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

18. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I don't know why but I feel kinda weird about this considering how massive it was and how much money was probably made off that farewell tour / merch / dvds but at the same time I love Underoath and as long as fans are happy to support them and their heart is in it I guess it isn't really an issue, just feels kinda weird. Probably a bad take on my part.

19. Malatesta

it's been almost a decade, i feel like it's a fair amount of time to have turned around

20. Jared Luttrell

Regular

They played their last show in 2013, that's no where close to a decade, not to mention they have played shows and released the dvd since then.

21. Malatesta

you're right, i was thinking of their last release with Aaron

22. murdoc

New single and video will be released this upcoming Monday... song and video are both rad