Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath Announce New Album; Release New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Underoath will release their new album, Erase Me, on April 6th. Today they’ve released a video for “On My Teeth” and pre-orders are now up. The track listing and press release can be found below.

“We’ve had success and we’ve come through a lot of waters,” explains drummer/vocalist Aaron Gillespie. “There’s been 11,000 things we’ve been through so you would think, almost rhetorically, ‘What do you need now?’ All of us are finally in that place in our lives where the only thing we care about is inclusion for everybody—for the world. For me, exclusion is the scariest thing in the world. And I think Underoath coming back now with a new record—which none of us thought was possible—we want people to know that this is your music and you can feel however the fuck you want about it. I just want to prove that we are doing everything in the most honest way we ever have. This is the healthiest we’ve ever been as a group of people, as musicians, and in our worldview.”
    Gillespie’s quote touches on the narratives behind the 11-song release: addressing the dire circumstances that led to the demise of the band, the ability to, now, be true to themselves and with their listeners as well as the individual band members disenchantment with religion.

“We took a step away and then we realized that we are a family,” adds singer Spencer Chamberlain. “We do miss it and we miss each other. We made the decision to never play again as Underoath and then we let that sit a couple of years. Band members rebuilt themselves and their friendships–and then we rebuilt the band.”

Erase Me was written and recorded over the summer of 2017 with producer Matt Squire (Panic! At The Disco, 3OH!3) and mixed by Ken Andrews (Failure, Jimmy Eat World).

Track Listing

1. It Has To Start Somewhere
    2. Rapture
    3. On My Teeth
    4. Wake Me
    5. Bloodlust
    6. Sink With You
    7. Ihateit
    8. Hold Your Breath
    9. No Frame
    10. In Motion
    11. I Gave Up

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

its aight.

Tylar, Saephon and Helloelloallo like this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I dig the song! Happy to hear some new music from these guys!

4. KTB182

I think the song is really good. Not my favorite from them, but I'm just happy they're creating new music together again.

BEsterley likes this.
  5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I think its cool that Matt Squire worked on this, but what press agent decides to use 3OH!3 as a way to showcase his talents.

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Just listened again with the volume cranked. Song bangs

beachdude42 and BEsterley like this.
  7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Song is SO good. This band.

8. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Matt Squire? Digging the unorthodox choice. Seems to have paid off.

9. Cody Butler

Regular

Dig the song a lot!! Wonder how many people will be pissed that they say f*ck in the song.

10. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I like this more and more with each listen. So excited to have this band back and doing things - was afraid they might dissipate after all of the reunion tours, but I'm really glad to have new music from them.

Also intrigued by how people are going to respond to the lyrical content. Should be interesting.

ilikedesigning and DeRRek like this.
  11. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Where is that fucking Daniel Bryan gif?

It's crazy how much Spencer has improved as a vocalist over the past decade.

beachdude42, CheapPop, Essie and 2 others like this.
  12. OpenIntro

llama llama

so ready for this.

13. Song rips

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Welcome back, Underoath

beachdude42 and DesolateEarth like this.
  15. Paul Marmo

Pre-order website sponsored by Monster Energy Drink.

16. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

Late to comment, been doing nothing but listening to this song on repeat. For some reason parts of this song remind me of early NIN and the vocals at times make me think of Linkin Park. Either way, this is a great day and I am very happy with the song and proud of these guys.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  17. Kaduck

Regular

Only preorders I was interested in have sold out. Money saved but still a bummer. Song is good!!!

18. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. I had no idea that this was happening. Never trust a farewell tour I guess. I'm not sure how I feel about the song overall as I don't really like Spencer's cleans, especially when it means more Spencer and less Aaron, but I'm so glad we'll be getting a full album.

Jared Luttrell and bertbro like this.
  19. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

HOT DAMN.

20. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

preordered. cant decide how i feel about that song, but any new underoath is good underoath.

underoath likes this.
  21. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Are you referring to the cursing? I didn't notice the first time through but just read the lyrics on youtube. I am sure a lot of their original christian fan base may be put off by it but they also have a lot of fans who I'm sure won't care at all.

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Damn

23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

My iPhone just autocorrected the lyrics to "ducking" when I listened

24. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Rock and roll music is BACK! Yes. All hail the Oath of Under!

25. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Itching to get home so I can listen!!

DeRRek likes this.