Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath – “Rapture”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Underoath’s new single “Rapture” can be streamed on Spotify and Apple Music. The video is also up on Apple Music.

The reactions have been a little all over the place in our forums on this one. Having heard the album, I’ll say that this is the most “radio rock” ready song on the album. There’s a few others that take a similar vibe, but this is not the overwhelming direction of the record.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Phew. I have no problem with a few radio rock tracks, or a shift in that direction in general, as long as they're good (this aint)

Matt504 likes this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is okay I guess, doesn't really have an "Underoath" feel to it but its not terrible.

BEsterley likes this.
  4. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely doesn’t sound like an Underoath song, which I’m ok with, just wish it was a better overall song...

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Is there any other way to see/hear this? I don’t have Apple Music...

6. this sounds like a 30 seconds to mars song.

there's a spotify link in the original post:

7. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I do
    I don’t have Spotify either so it’s just a snippet not the whole tune...I preordered the album so I’m sure I have a download waiting at home. Was hoping to have a listen before then!

8. oh i didn't realize you needed a spotify account to listen to the free version of spotify

9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

It seems like it. Unless I’m doing it wrong. That’s the old man in me who doesn’t do streaming. I’m a loser in that respect. Oh well!

10. Tylar

That wasn’t good, “On My Teeth” was better. That’s cool they’re doing what they wanna do, but also wtf these songs are really lacking something.

11. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I like this song. Also, I'm not sure why 'radio rock' is such an insult to folks. Different types of songs are good. Many are on the radio; many aren't. This song sounds good.

kwilcox likes this.
  12. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

it's on youtube now:

not a fan myself, hopefully the album's heavier stuff is more my speed but i'm thinking this release might be a wash for me. happy they're doing what they love tho

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i enjoy this. still hoping for heavier UØ, but if not, there’ll always be disambiguation.

kwilcox likes this.
  14. kwilcox

I dig this. Interested to see how this song feels in the context of the full album.

15. bencoles

GLOW ON

It makes ‘On My Teeth’ sound great.

I don’t mind it but the post-chorus is really straightforward. Hoping for a bit more complexity.

16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Sounds like a Sleepwave b-side.

17. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I loved "On My Teeth"...not sure how i feel about this yet. As stated above, it does give off Sleepwave vibes.

18. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Spencer tweeted that you should listen to them back to back in order as on the album and it will make more sense. And it does.

kwilcox and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  19. noKings

Regular

Sounds like an album I'll listen to once, but my listening isn't the same as it was 12 years ago, either.

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Loved the first track released. Let’s see about this one!