Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath – “Rapture” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm into it.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Cool video. And the song is really growing on me. Love that they're expanding their sound a little.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Took me a few listens but I'm on board with this, especially since Jason said it's not the overall direction of the album.

Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  5. I'm down with this.

Davjs likes this.
  6. defmytones

Regular

I've listened probably a dozen times, can't feel it. I want to, but this is not what I expect to hear from these guys.

7. sukottokairu

Regular

it's different, i think it'll grow on me. my main complaint on the two new songs so far is the lack of aaron's vocals. his only prominent parts seem to be the bridges.

8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Very ok with aaron not singing.

Jake W, skoopy, Essie and 1 other person like this.
  9. BEsterley

Both songs have been solid. I’ll just add that Rapture is a bit on the bland side, standard fare rock track.
    That being said, I’m just a fan of them and open to anything they want to try out. Looking forward to the release and I’m sure the song will be fine in the context of the album as a whole.

Essie likes this.
  10. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

I can live with it but his voice is probably one of my favourite of his era - seems like a waste to not use him?

11. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

I dig it. Underoath doing a straight-ahead rock song is better than most bands doing a straight-ahead rock song.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Admittedly I kept waiting for a breakdown or it to transition to a heavier part, but once I got past the anticipation of that, I don't mind it. I should note though, I did enjoy Sleepwave, so the fact there are songs like this that would fit on Broken Compass maybe influences that. Overall I'm okay with them putting out a more diverse album, especially if it meant each of the songwriters got what they wanted.

13. latortuga

Regular

My hype meter for these guys is off the charts, love these guys and I hope songs like this take them to new heights of success. Totally stoked for this record!!!

14. CSWAPPO

Regular

I'm stoked that they are happy and doing this band again. :-)

coleslawed and DesolateEarth like this.
  15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Song has grown on me so much. Agreed that underoath doing radio rock is better than many other bands doing radio rock

16. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

still not sure how this album will sell me, but fuck of course i'm going to lap up every bit of news. just would love to see some more experimenting, this is a "new" sound for underoath but very safely nu metal radio rock and that undercuts how appealingly aggressive and lean their musical sensibilities were to me

17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thank God this track doesn't indicate the direction for the whole album. It's ok, but not too great. I'm sure I'll enjoy it in the end though.

18. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Harsh Opinion First: this song is straight trash

More Nuanced Opinion: it's a drastic departure from what they've done previously so they're not working with their strengths, there's a large segment that has an ugly melody to me (the 'there's no turning back' park) and it seems safe and playing towards current rock sensibilities. Overall 2 big thumbs down and if this is a sign of the albums sign, I hope it's a quick return and they'll get no tour money from me.

thesollopsist likes this.