Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underground Dance Music Thread Genre • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Such a great return to form, agreed. Wasn't even looking forward to it and was very pleasantly surprised

Also, Jake, I'm guessing you'll dig John Roberts or Konx-om-pax, recommend both

stillbrazy likes this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Gonna go thru the stuff on your list that I haven't gotten around to this week! Really looking forward to the dj earl release

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I wish footwork resonated more with me as a whole but this one clicked, and the OPN contributions sure don't hurt ;)

stillbrazy likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

One of the most memorable concert experiences for me was DJ Spinn at pitchfork fest the year Rashad passed and was scheduled to play with him. It was just a really powerful almost spiritual experience, I was already interested in footwork at the time but that kind of made it click even more for me.

Joel likes this.
  5. PauLo

43% Burnt

Only got round to listening to Ultra yesterday. Oh my.

That Konx-om-pax album is great too.

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Also, has anyone checked out Kiki Hitomi's (Of King Midas Sound fame) album? Really fucking good. Produced by Disrupt and it sounds like a dub record made in 50's Japan.

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Dude is unstoppable

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

alright so we got a new Jam City mixtape and albums from Patten, Grant and Gerry Read. Awesome.

9. PauLo

43% Burnt

Can't wait to listen to Gerry Read and patten.

Also, everyone should check out KAGAMI Smile. Like patten mixed with Iglooghost but more noisy. Really good.

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Not long till Machinedrum, Kuedo and FaltyDL. Pretty stoked.

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah looking forward to machinedrum quite a bit, his work with DAWN has been really great

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

oh shit new kastle out tomorrow

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

New Kuedo too.

14. Joel Oct 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2016)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

along with Youandewan, FIS and Kassem Mosse all being out as of today. Just nabbed all five haha

as well as Dusky and Shadow Child, both of which I'm far less optimistic for but they could have some moments

sophos34 likes this.
  15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

this new Christian Loeffler album is beautiful, if you guys liked the Pampa comp definitely get this

also the Youandewan record is amazing too

16. scroopy.noopers

: (

gonna see rp boo tonight. hoping i wont be the only one who can (sorta) footwork

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

man, you can footwork? that's fucking amazing

18. scroopy.noopers

: (

not well haha. thankfully rp boo had a dancer touring with him and there were at at least 3 locals. one of em tried to push me in but i'm not at that level yet. i don't have anywhere to practice.

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

this youandewan album is real nice riyl gold panda

Joel likes this.
  20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favorite dance records of the year

Just grabbed Telephones and Tuff City Kids LPs, both are sounding real good. Also, Jubilee's new one on Mixpak is great if you like Miami bass stuff

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Uh, new Hudson Mohawke LP out Nov 11th!!??!!??

I mean, video game soundtrack, but fifteen new tracks so

sophos34 likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

His music sounds like a video game anyway

23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, makes me think this will play more like an album than a straight up OST which makes me all the more optimistic

sophos34 likes this.
  24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

dope

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Curious to hear how it sounds