Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underground Dance Music Thread Genre • Page 63

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

The 27 best DJ mixes of 2019 so far

#1 and rightfully so, I can't recall many times I've seen the sheer joy of club music captured to the extent it was here

Other highlights from the skim are Beautiful Swimmers, Octo Octa, Eris Drew, Ciel b2b Shanti Celeste, CC:Disco

Fronnyfron likes this.
  2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Those Ben UFO mixes are both very good, but I feel that they should have replaced one with a mix from a lesser-known artist like Peach, upsammy, etc.

3. Fronnyfron

Oh damn, Sherelle is playing Good Room soon

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

Happy Octo Octa and Klein day!

yung_ting likes this.
  5. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

This Octo Octa record is incredible

username likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

This Barker record too, wow

username and Fronnyfron like this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Nico Jaar score for the new Pablo Larrain film is nuts. Tons of reggaeton and dancehall vibes.

8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

did you hear it through the film? or is it available somewhere else? really interested in this.

also shoutouts to my chilean brethren, putting chile on the map!

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Heard it through the film, saw it this morning at a festival screening. I hope it becomes available soon but I don’t think the film even has North American distribution yet so I guess it might still be a while, sadly.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Been falling behind on this genre the last few months. Catching up today while working.

The new Sophie remix album is nuts. Up next, Barker, then the Fire-Toolz record. Really into shit that leans on ambient, as well as the weirder shit like the Murlo and Vessel records from earlier this year. Anybody have recs?

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Doesn’t really fit any of that, but the Octo Octa record is a must. I really like the RAP album from this year too but it’s still not on streaming as far as I know.

OotyPa and yung_ting like this.
  12. yung_ting Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

agreed - although there’s only one ambient track on it the Octo Octa is essential for anyone interested in electronic music, it feels pretty major

I think you’d like Baltra - Ted, one of my favorites of the year. emotive house/breaks/IDM with incredible sound design

Barker album is a gem! few others I’d recommend: Nathan Micay, Kornel Kovacs, Anthony Naples, Leif, Tilman, Young Marco and Special Request (Vortex, haven’t heard Bedroom Tapes yet)

As far as weird: check out the Chants album, it’s very interesting

OotyPa likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Octo Octa record is great

yung_ting likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I've heard Leif and Young Marco - both incredible. Will check out the others and share my thoughts! Thanks yall

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I've heard Leif and Young Marco - both incredible. Will check out the others and share my thoughts! Thanks yall

16. Fronnyfron

17. Fronnyfron

@OotyPa check out Robag Wruhme's newest album too

18. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Fronnyfron likes this.
  19. cherrywaves

Trusted

“In the Mist Of Lovers Past” into “How Does It Work?” on this Baltra record, wowww

yung_ting likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Doubling down on this Baltra record being phenomenal

OotyPa and yung_ting like this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Going through the batch of stuff that got the RA recommends seal recent. Octo Octa + Klein are obviously very good. Barker record is tight too. But this one is really hitting.

yung_ting and Fronnyfron like this.
  22. Fronnyfron

Loud and chaotic

yung_ting likes this.
  23. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Gloo album is out today! Had to search Iglooghost on streaming to find it

24. PauLo

43% Burnt

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Also liking the Barker album. Dunno why it didnt click that he was half of Barker and Baumecker too haha