Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underground Dance Music Thread Genre • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2 Feb 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2019)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m literally a 10 min walk, so nights close to each other is not an issue hah

P.s. thanks for the rec! I’ll hit that one up too

2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@sawhney[rusted]2

Nice!! I'm jealous - wish I was around for Laurel Halo and Lena Willikens this month. Also away for Toro :/

Youandewan is free before midnight w/ RSVP on 2/28. That's a stacked weekend but may try to hit that one.

3. Fronnyfron

Also I still need to check out Mood Ring. They have Umfang and Aurora Halal back to back nights next week. Like damn

4. sawhney[rusted]2

if any of us are each other’s shows, let’s meet up!

Fronnyfron likes this.
  5. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I still throw that Youandewan LP in rotation and I was listening to a recent live set of his on SoundCloud earlier today and it was great, def one to go to especially if it’s free

Fronnyfron and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

Done :-)

yung_ting likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

These albums are worth your time, guys:

yung_ting likes this.
  8. Fronnyfron

Leon Vynehall DJ-Kicks is very good. Laurel Halo series next, new track from that:

9. sawhney[rusted]2

God her set was so gnarly live haha

Fronnyfron likes this.
  10. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I have it on good authority that this album is coming out Feb 25th and it’s going to friggin rip

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Favorite finds for me lately have been Skee Mask, Shanti Celeste and Hidden Spheres

Very excited for the new Folamour record this Friday. The first prerelease track is more what I was hoping from Umami

yung_ting likes this.
  12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

All so good!

And yes, totally forgot Folamour was this week. I was at first bummed that there won’t be many dancefloor tracks but I guess that’s what the EPs are for, expecting some jazzy greatness

cherrywaves likes this.
  13. PauLo

43% Burnt

New Silk Road Assassins album is bloody great.

14. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

The Girl Unit album is actually, finally coming out lmao I can’t believe it

15. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

heard a bit of the album today, its killer, gonna have to come back and pay some more attention.

wow, thats a name i had forgotten tbh, their tracks on the night slugs comps were always awesome though. guess its album time.

16. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

you and me both! the last full EP was 2012 and pretty sure I’ve heard allusions to an album dating back to, like, 2016. Out in April!

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

people check out the new Mister Lies track!!

yung_ting likes this.
  18. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

New Loure record is sublime

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

Good looks on that Loure, loved the EP he put out of Noire et Blanche

Also the new Folamour record is wonderful, definitely would buy on wax if shipping wasn’t insane

yung_ting likes this.
  20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

You’re the one that showed me Loure initially pretty sure!

Also yeah, only listened once so far but Folamour record is real nice

cherrywaves likes this.
  21. StepsInADance

gonna see yaeji tonight, im also seeing james blake and/or laurel halo, they both play at the same time and still have not decided who i want to see. might end up doing half of each lol

22. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

amazing! that is a tough choice actually, let us know how it is

23. StepsInADance

so last night was awesome. i saw laurel halo before james blake and it was such a dope set but idk if she cut her set short or had started early because she finished super early and mall grab came on like an hour and a half before he was supposed to. his set was also really fun so i stayed there watching him for a bit. then i went and caught part of james blake's set, which i thought was just ok, not sure the festival atmosphere fit him that well and it doesnt help that im lukewarm on his new album. not sure what thread he would fit in but i think john maus has been mentioned before here, that set was incredible and i thought it would be the best one of the night until i saw yaeji who blew the roof off the place. she was so sweet and seemed so happy to be there and i was so happy that so many people were into her, everyone who i know who saw her unanomously agrees she was the best of the night.

also... i was on boiler room!!!

Fronnyfron, cherrywaves and yung_ting like this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

25. Fronnyfron

@sawhney[rusted]2

Just saw that Baltra/Jacques Renault are at Rose Gold this Friday. Solid venue if you're looking for something this weekend.

And DJ Seinfeld at Black Flamingo Thursday X-( such a small venue

yung_ting likes this.