Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underappreciated Blink-182 Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

For this week’s playlist I decided to just go all in with the Blink-182 theme that’s been pretty unavoidable this week. Instead of putting together just a playlist of my favorites, or the “best of,” I went for what I consider to be underappreciated Blink-182 songs. Songs that I don’t think get enough attention in their catalog. The only rules I made for myself was that I had to keep it under 45 minutes. You can find my picks on Apple Music and Spotify and I’d love to hear what you’d put on your “underappreciated” list.

Track Listing

1. Waggy
    2. Wendy Clear
    3. Wasting Time
    4. Online Songs
    5. Stockholm Syndrome
    6. A New Hope
    7. Story of a Lonely Guy
    8. Don’t Leave Me
    9. Pathetic
    10. Easy Target
    11. After Midnight
    12. Untitled (Live)
    13. Everytime I Look for You
    14. Here’s Your Letter
    15. Bored to Death

2. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Pathetic and Every Time I Look For You are two of my all time favorite blink songs. Pathetic is in the top 3. Story Of A Lonely Guy got me over my first "break up" in middle school.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

What kinda dumbass wouldn't appreciate Stockholm Syndrome? The very notion enrages me.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Every time I look For You....the feels. Portably the moment Mark seduced me

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I'm sure if you're looking for a standard pop punk style song, you might not enjoy that. I love that song, but it's really unique. Not everyone wants unique.

6. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Emo for sure.

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wendy Clear was the first song that came to mind when I read the title

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Always really loved Online Songs. Stockholm Syndrome and Easy Target are great picks too. I'll have to put some thought into this.

9. stevenlalonde

Will you be posting a playlist everyweek @Jason Tate ?

10. testtime

Regular

Stockholm is probably the best song they've done. Pathetic and Adam's Song finish off the top 3.

JamesMichael likes this.
  11. Tim McCall

Regular

I would add the song "Shut Up." I always thought of it as a sequel to "Damn It."

rogerroger and Jake Z like this.
  12. I can't promise every week, but the goal is to try and do them most Fridays when I have an idea for one and time. I'll also be bringing in guest playlisters or coming up with other themes and having people contribute as well. I may miss some weeks when the schedule is a little too crazy, but my goal is be relatively frequent and catalog them here:

The Playlist • chorus.fm

crunchprank likes this.
  13. Evan Lubinger

EvanL

Lately I've been feeling like maybe Mutt or Apple Shampoo are so under appreciated.

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You should have opened it up to include Angels & Airwaves songs!! The opening song from the last record, with Tom's "bah bah bah bah bah" section, is definitely a greatest hit.

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Stockholm Syndrome is my favourite Blink song. Damn such a powerful fast duel vocal song which made me fall in love with the Untitled album. That album just blew me away on first listen but that song will always be my favourite.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Emo, Waggy, Wendy Clear, and Everytime I Look for You ALL should have been singles with videos.

17. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

"Dysentery Gary," "Roller Coaster," and "Asthenia" are a few tracks that I regularly listen to when Blink 182 comes up. There are so many others...I may post them later.

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'd say that note Tom just wrote on Facebook should also be in contention for this list.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I could probably give you some underappreciated angels and airwaves songs, heh

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. I will end you.

;-p

21. Also, I know it's "every time" but I kept the typo from the original track listing in because :blink182:

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  22. justrockroll

Always thought Wendy Clear was incredibly underrated. What a great song.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love "Stockholm Syndrome". One of my favorite blink songs.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate I think the typo in "Everytime I Think Of You" is the reason why I always spell "every time" wrong.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Don't make excuses for them. Don't enable such sick and awful people.

Dan O'Neill likes this.