Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Under The Silver Lake (David Robert Mitchell, April 19, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 20, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

This rules

SpyKi likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Also, speaking of A24 butchering releases, their decision to move Climax to March 1 means it’s coming out after the UK blu-ray, so it’ll be widely available almost a month before that release.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

the reviews I've seen of this have me really curious to watch it.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really liked it, fun movie.

5. Mixed feelings. Loved the direction and visuals, but the script, characters, overall story... not so much. Also, I watched this whole movie not recognizing Topher Grace 'til I saw his name in the credits.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This movie should be called "Spiderman fucks".

I Am Mick likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

8. Dog with a Blog

Jesus Christ. It’s honestly a smart move at this point, imo. I saw a movie recently and was baffled that I got a trailer for this.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

A24 seriously fucked this. I would be livid if I were Mitchell/anyone who worked on this.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Maybe he’ll go back to making horror films

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jacob Tender likes this.
  12. Interesting that they thought this movie was actually good.

angrycandy likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

This entire movie can be encapsulated by the scene where the camera focuses on human excrement in a toilet bowl.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is such a shameless rip off of Inherent Vice it's insane. Even the score is almost the same.

That said, I didn't totally hate it. Andrew Garfields character is totally unlikeable, literally every female character is just there to look hot, get naked and/or fuck Garfield and it's really just kind of dumb, but halfway through I started to kind of get into it. The scene with the songwriter was goofy but pretty entertaining, and the "answer" to the mystery is actually a pretty interesting idea.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Like maybe A24 buried this release just so they wouldn't get sued for plagiarism

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

just saw this , and honestly? I absolutely loved it. Garfield did a great job playing an unlikeable fuck boy. Loved the score, loved the direction, loved the mystery. Thinking back on all the weirdness, i think it works well that everything is about him getting over a breakup, especially the pop music scene.

username likes this.