Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Uncut Gems (Safdie Brothers, December 13, 2019) Movie • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jul 19, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the francesca of the site

oldjersey likes this.
  2. tomdelonge

Trusted

Aw man i didnt mean it as a bad thing

3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just coming back to this because it felt like an unnecessary personal attack. I don't get wrapped up in movies or shows just to follow the plot, or guess ahead. I can appreciate films for their moments, characters, shooting techniques, imagery, etc. None of that changes the fact that those three Scorsese films share the same backbone.

It's been done by him so much that when a friend asked me how the Irishmen was before he saw it, he said, "was there a main character that starts out small time but then climbs his way up but then realizes it wasn't worth it?"

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Anyway, RE: Uncut Gems, anyone that I know that's over 50 and has seen this film has hated it due to the sustained sense of unease & stress throughout the film. Sample size is only 5 right now but that feedback has been resounding.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Boomers are on the verge of death at all times so I understand not wanting to be stressed.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

*gets out of the latest Safdie Bros movie*
    “Was it about a narcissist in New York who manipulates and uses everyone around them to preserve their own self-interest? Predictable smh”

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

*gets out of Guillermo Del Toro movie*
    Was it a fantasy film about how humanity is the real monster? Predictable.

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I watched it with my parents (my dad is 70 and my mom is 65) - I thought my mom would hate it, she didn't. She said it was nerve wracking, but she thought it was a good story and the tension the filmmakers used helped tell that story. I wasn't sure what my dad would think of it, but I thought he'd at least enjoy seeing Sandler in a serious role, since he always made fun of Sandler when I was younger and getting into him on SNL/Billy Madison. My dad LOVED it. He hasn't stopped talking about it since he watched it.

Serenity Now likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeeessss

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. Fuck this was good

oldjersey likes this.
  13. Appreciated how funny this was btw

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've been in bed all day watching clips of this dumb show but I the first 1:40 of this clip feels like a Safdie Bros movie

15. Have not stopped thinking about this since I saw it. So good, so good.

Went to the movies by myself and it had been a while since I enjoyed a movie so much.

16. yung_ting Jan 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2020)
    yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Josh and Benny are fantastic on this episode of Chapo, seem like great people

wow, apparently Adam did the entire game scene in real time. Called everything play by play in character for over two hours, incredible

17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Them talking about taking a huge gamble on any NBA player who would be willing to do it but also had a streak of games that fit within the requisite time period but also could even act well enough...shit stressed me out so much. It was like they were living the life of the movie while making it

coleslawed and yung_ting like this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Good Time is coming to Netflix on Feb. 11

19. So Netflix US might get this after all?

riotspray likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

At least not in February, according to their February release schedule.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

From what I read it's definitely going to be on Netflix just not on 1/31

22. Morrissey

Trusted

Serenity Now likes this.
  23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Swaggy P

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Actually, I think even Swaggy has some self-awareness. It'd 100% be KD. The direct has to be someone similarly self serious who can't take criticism.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh god. It's gonna be directed by Todd Philips. Joker 2: Joker v Quiresultan

coleslawed likes this.