Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fyebes, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

There is campaign DLC coming and all MP dlc will be free.

Cameron likes this.
  2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I can see myself playing this pretty regularly for years to come. One of my favourite games already.

3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I finished it Thursday morning and I'm already halfway through my second play through. It's incredible.

Derek likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I keep all my games, especially ones I love this much.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

On Ch7, and almost everything about the previous entries has been improved here. Visuals, level design, shooting, stealth mechanics, etc.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I got to Chapter 16 or something today and I think this really ups it's game at around chapter 10 or so.

7. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Just finished ughhh

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished the Madagascar part, the jeep chase was incredible and the scene in the motel was genuinely really tense. Think I just got to Ch 12.

Unless this takes a significant downturn in quality, this is already definitely my favorite Uncharted game, and Uncharted is one of my all-time favorite game series.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Finished this tonight and holy hell the game is near flawless. Writing went up a few notches and was a big part of my enjoyment of the game outside of the gorgeous graphics and stunning set pieces, probably one of the best placed games I've played, they did a good job of limiting combat to the sections that they did because even as improved as it was, I still find it to be the least entertaining part of UC.

Will probably do a write-up on this one sometime.

10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Yeah, I took the first 10 chapters or so pretty slowly, but the game hooks you right in Madagascar on.

11. johnnyferris May 15, 2016
    (Last edited: May 15, 2016)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Finished this afternoon. This game is an achievement through and through. The writing, the visuals, and gameplay is some of the best I've ever played. I also really enjoyed the length of this one. Much longer than its predecessors it really fleshed out everything in the story.

Naughty Dog has now made my two favorite games of all time. I'll be playing this series, and this game for a long time.

12. pbueddi

Trusted

finished this morning. what a ride! i dont know how they do it, but naughty dog continuously puts out games that are a step above the rest. what a journey it has been since drake's fortune. im sad to see the series end, but the ending was perfect.

13. johnnyferris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's see some photo mode!

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That reminds me. What button actually takes the photo? I got it all set up with a really cool mix of filters/angles, and had no idea how to capture it?

15. johnnyferris

The share button on the top left of the touch pad @Cameron

Cameron likes this.
  16. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

You also have to go into the pause menu to turn it on, or do it from the main menu. It's not automatically enabled.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

No I had no trouble figuring out how to set it up I just couldn't figure out how to take the damn pic haha.

18. johnnyferris

The 2xLP of the soundtrack is so damn tempting right now

19. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

At chapter 12 and my jaw is on the floor. An Uncharted game with a fully-explorable tropical island, and every square inch of it is as gorgeous as the rest of the game? Wooooow. I will be replaying this chapter a lot.

johnnyferris likes this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm almost done with this, and like many in the the thread have stated before, this is the most technically / visually impressive game of all time, and the gameplay is pretty awesome too. It has the same problem has the rest of the series did, with some gunfights going on too long towards the end of the game, but it's a pretty minor annoyance.

The set-pieces though....the destruction of the environments...absolutely mind-blowing.

MrRobot likes this.
  21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

At the very end of the game when walking around the house does the record player play The Last of Us soundtrack? Pretty certain it is.

22. NotBruce

Regular

Just finished the City Chase/Motel sequence last night. From clock-tower to motel was the most fun I've had in a long time. God, I love this game.

I'm playing through on Moderate, and I don't know if it's just me, but the gunfights seem a lot tougher/more intense than the rest of the series? The mechanics are so much better, but it seems like I take a lot more damage than I'm used it. Definitely not a complaint, it makes them way more intense and you can't just "run and gun", so it forces me to play a lot more strategic. I'm just wondering if that's just me, or if anyone's noticed the same.

23. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Have any of you guys cleared any of the areas using 100% stealth? I love that it lets you bypass enemies if they don't see you and are able to get around them unseen. I was only able to clear one or two without being seen by anyone, but came close another two or three times.

24. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm really terrible at video games mostly but have always loved this series and I have noticed this. I'm on Moderate too but some of it seems really tough, but I don't mind it because it makes me play better. Some enemies feel like I need to shoot them in the head for them to die though. Agreed about the city chase thing. Played that part last night and was in awe.

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I only stealth'ed one section through out the game, when you're in Madagascar driving the jeep around. All the other times I stealth kill a few enemies get spotted and just say fuck it.

If I play through on Crushing I will be more diligent with stealth mode probably.

TheWater(s) likes this.