Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fyebes, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Only played the opening 2 chapters last night, but holy shit.

2. Letterbomb31 May 12, 2016
    (Last edited: May 12, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished it. Uncharted 4 is an absolutely incredible game, without a doubt one of the best I've ever played. Did not expect that epilogue. I'm gonna play through it again right away.

3. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

My only complaint about the game as a whole is the final boss battle.

I like that it's different from the previous entries in the series, but they absolutely shouldn't have introduced a new mechanic at the boss battle when the only time you'll ever use it in the whole series is the time you're trying to learn it. That's like, game design 101 and I'm surprised Naughty Dog went that route. It wouldn't knock down my rating of the game because it's still near perfect, but that would be the only notable flaw I can think of.

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I actually really enjoyed the final boss battle because it was something entirely different. It wasn't like the mechanic you had to learn was overly complex, haha. Plus the graphics seemed extra awesome during that scene.

5. MrRobot

I guess I'm just not a fan of button mashing sequences, and that's kind of all that was. I like it in theory, because it fit the narrative and theme of the game so well, but actually playing it felt tedious after dying several times.

6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

This game is blowing my mind haha. Like I cannot believe it looks, plays, feels, IS this good. It's unreal how solid absolutely everything is, about 2 hours in and I think this may end up my favorite of the series...

7. MrRobot

It's definitely my favorite of the series. I think I might like it slightly more than TLOU too, but I want to replay that again here before too long to judge properly. They're about on par with each other though.

8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I would say TLOU and UC4 are definitely on par with each other. I'd also say that Uncharted 4 is considerably better than the previous entries in the Uncharted series (as good as they are).

MrRobot likes this.
  9. MrRobot

Also, can we talk about how the swinging over the water segue into the car/motorcycle chase in Madagascar might be the single best set piece in the entire series?

I couldn't believe what I was playing during that part. I never wanted it to end, it was so fucking well done.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm only on chapter 9 and so far I like it about as much as 2/3. It'll need to do a ton in the second half to match TLOU for me. I'm excited to see where it takes me though.

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Currently on Chapter 12. This is already a top 2 game of all time for me. What's the other one? The Last of Us of course.

12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

4 >>>>>> 2 > 3 >1 would be my ranking

13. MrRobot

That'd be my exact ranking too.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  14. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I highly doubt this will match TLOU for you

15. SpyKi

me too. I wasn't expecting it to though, haha. I'm very happy with how it's going so far.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got to Chapter 10 before stopping for the night. That whole cave section was fantastic

Vivatoto likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

That jeep chase was absolutely incredible.

Emotherapy likes this.
  18. SpyKi

Just finished chapter 10 and it was my favorite so far. Might be the best looking section of a video game I've played.

19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

on chapter 9 now, I believe. just got to madagascar. unfortunately not going to be able to play again until Sunday.

20. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Fuck, man, I think I'm more invested in this game's story so far than that of any action movie I've seen in the past five years that isn't Mad Max. Magic, through and through.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finished it last night. What a fantastic game and an absolutely PERFECT ending.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Beat 3 last night, and finally diving into this. Loving it so far.

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna beat 2 tonight. The near end of that game is so boring. Endless wave after wave after wave of enemies. yawn

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man my easy gut reaction to this game so far: it's fuckin' purty.

25. Derek

Get stung

When done with the game is everyone gonna keep it? Does anyone play the MP? I'm not crazy about it. DLC?