Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 14, 2016.

1. omg I loved lawyer Tina though

"Objection! There are no keys at the jail anymore! It's a card with a chip in it, like at a Hampton Inn."

[​IMG]

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Well I love any Tina, but I like how she looked just like Liz Lemon a few times as this character, it gave me nostalgia

3. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

The part about the reverend saying he invented the Buy The World A Coke ad had me laughing really hard.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Elle's having a baby! I wonder if that will effect production for the inevitable third season.

5. On episode 8. I think this is still one of the funniest shows airing right now, but the plot is not nearly as compelling as it was last season.

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I died laughing at this bit. There are so many throwaway lines in this show which are just incredibly creative and hilarious. Like Kimmy singing the TMNT theme song and saying "Whoever wrote this deserves a billion dollars," and then the sign in the background reading, "Chuck Lorre wrote it."

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Apparently she was actually already pregnant towards the end of filming this season, so I imagine the baby will be born before they start filming the third

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man ep6 is so good so far. The mentos teeth replacement coupled with the random coffee maker called freshmaker haha.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Tina just said at Tribeca that season 3 of this show will be out late May 2017 due to Ellie Kemper's pregnancy. She's gonna use the extra time off to work on the Mean Girls Broadway musical

10. devenstonow

Noobie

Some of the mentos stuff seemed a little too 'out there' and cartoony for me; the dropping them in the diet coke was hilarious though.

Overall I liked the season, I guess my complaints from the first season that Ellie can get a little too 'cartoony' at times was still there, probably even moreso.

Tina Fey was absolutely amazing, however.

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

A real strength of this show is how layered some of the jokes are. Like the idea of the reverend saying that is hilarious in itself. But then when you remember at the end of Mad Men, Jon Draper actually invents the Buy The World A Coke ad, it takes it to a whole new level.

ECV likes this.
  12. Just finished the season. Spoiler about last episode to follow.

I think it started off a bit rocky, but it hits a hot streak somewhere around episode 4 or 5 and is incredible from then through the end. The cliffhanger with the Reverend (JON HAMM IS BACK!) had me so excited and I'm really interested in Titus and Mikey. Can't wait to see where they go next season. Also the cameos are fantastic.

13. lauren14

Regular

As a non-mad men fan, I love this. I thought it was something odd to throw in. Thank you for saving me from googling!!

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I agree with everyone saying that the first season was stronger, but this one isn't far behind. Excited for the third season.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm only 4 episodes in so far, and I don't remember S1 in detail, but I've been laughing nonstop so far.

16. itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

I finished season 2 the other day. Definitely laugh out loud moments, but I know I need to watch it again to get more of the jokes. Season 1 was the same way for me. When I rewatched it before the new season dropped, I saw a ton more jokes I hadn't seen before and it made that season even better.

17. itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

"Well then how am I supposed to get back at him?"

"I don't know. Kill yourself in his office? I always hate that."

Holy fucking lol

popdisaster00 and Cameron like this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ep 7 was perfect. It brought me back to the golden era of 30 Rock. Amy Sedaris in the closet, crazy Diedre laughing, Kimmy making fun of the dudes PTSD to his face, Titus acting straight, and the construction workers at the end.

"I want to one day marry this wheel barrel. That's my deal!"

20. Deathco_019

Drummer

Oof, the Titus story in episode three about the internet is not good.

21. "Sans peen"

Cameron likes this.
  22. Just finished S2. I would drop every line that made me laugh in here but it would take a week to do so.

23. Deathco_019

Drummer

Amy Sedaris is killing it in this season.

jordalsh likes this.
  24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This season started a little slow, but just watched E9 (kimmy meets a drunk lady) and thought it was quite possibly the best of the series.

cybele, Cameron and ECV like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I'm really loving the second half. Lost it at the puppet grandma.

ECV likes this.