Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 14, 2016.

1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed with the thought that last season was better has a whole. I thought this season started out really well, but by episode 8 or so it really started to decline. I thought Kimmy meeting her mother should have been a bigger moment and Titus' story towards the end was more wacky than anything.

2. season was really good but yeah I probably prefer the first. was very excited about the casting for the mother

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Have now watched through episode 7 and I agree it's not as funny as the first. It's almost like the opposite of Bojack Horseman; for me that show's first season was more effective as a story than as a comedy to me, while the second was way funnier but not as gripping. So far this season seems to be putting story in front of jokes, like season 4 (I think?) of 30 Rock. I still really like it though and Ellie Kemper really kills this role, and again I'm only about halfway through

4. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

I'm about halfway through the first season, and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

5. alex

notgonz Prestigious

At least we got the line "The Internet talks like Chandler" out of it

6. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Also the song Titus sings was actually really beautiful

7. Allpwrtoslaves Apr 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2016)
    Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Holy shit, I just got to the episode with all the ripoff songs, and it is the by far funniest episode of the season so far.

"And it's not a problem, because I know the words to describe it."

Kinda sucks but the show is way funnier in the episodes where it doesn't spend anytime with Jane Krakowski's character.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Amy Sedaris is so good in this

popdisaster00 and jordalsh like this.
  9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I died the first time I saw this.

jordalsh and Cameron like this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Two episodes in. The Native American stuff makes me uncomfortable, but still not as bad as last season.

My life has definitely been missing Titus.

11. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Three episodes in. Really solid so far, although Lillian's character is still kinda eh.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can't queer eye him that show had five guys I'm only one man speaking of Five Guys I want a hamburger

popdisaster00 and lauren14 like this.
  13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I know I'm basically a child but I was laughing hysterically at all the Wiener name variations in episode 8.

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

where'd you learn that? have you been reading chipotle bags again?

15. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Lillian calling the apartment a tugboat cracks me up every time.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It lets you use celebrity voices. See it has Steve Buskemiii

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My dad was born and raised in Titusville, and my grandparents still live there, so that whole subplot of the finale was killing me.

"No one's been to space since 2011."
    "Oh, so it's like American Apparel?"

jordalsh likes this.
  18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Amy Seders is a treasure. The best part of Jacqueline's storyline this season was that she had a significant role.

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I meant to watch it this weekend but got super busy.

20. the episode of Broad City with Amy Sedaris is probably my fav

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well, Hillary Clinton, here we are at IKEA. Oh god, my arm's numb. My bowels!

22. Does the season get better? I found episode one to be weak, too quickly paced and really sloppily edited. I found episode two to be just plain dreadful, with the actors just playing caricatures of what made them fun the first time around.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It feels so good to have this show back, though the Titus plot in the third episode was ridiculously obnoxious, my gosh.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Just finished the season. First half of the season was pretty good but the second half was fantastic and ultimately much more satisfying than the ending of season 1.

25. tdlyon Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished as well. Second half was definitely better than the first half but I still don't think this one was as good as the first season. It did have a better ending (and I love the cliffhanger), and Tina's character was much better this season, and getting rid of the dad character and drastically reducing Gretchen's role were great ideas, but overall I was more satisfied with the first season.