Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Umbrella Academy (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 18, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haha my fiance and I both thought it was super cringey. Just didn't fit into the flow of the rest of the episode to us :shrug:.

Like, if they wrote it into the episode a little better I'm sure it would've been fine

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad the early reaction is quite positive. A lot of the visuals/aesthetic from the trailer didn’t resonate with me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

Just wrapped it up and loved it. Such a huge improvement over S1 and damn, what a twist at the end. Really hope Netflix picks up another season

Hope we get to see some Hotel Oblivion in S3

JayLightBeer likes this.
  4. Season 3 should be a must.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

Yeah I'd be absolutely shocked otherwise. Netflix sucks with how quickly they cancel shows, but usually their popular ones make it until at least the 3rd season

JayLightBeer likes this.
  6. They pushed the promotion pretty well. Good sign they already knew this was a hit

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah this season rules so far

CarpetElf, JayLightBeer and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

I'm so sad we didn't get more Hazel, he was one of my favorite characters from season 1 and Cameron Britton is brilliant, but the plot didn't seem to suffer from it, so I'm fine with it since they didn't seem to *need* to use him

CarpetElf and disambigujason like this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

First episode down. very intrigued already, really cool setup.

10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I actually loved this season a ton more than the first. I really enjoyed the 60s setting on this and I thought the little bits of comedy throughout were great.

Season 3 must be on the cards.

11. phaynes12

the lila reveal was so good

JayLightBeer, spiffa0 and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

First ep was whatever

13. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

The Center Cut is a podcast where we watch the first 15 and last 15 minutes of a movie or the first and last episode of a TV show season, and try to figure out what happened in the middle.

Our next episode is based around the new season of Umbrella Academy, and comes out on August 12th. We record later this week, and could use your help! We need questions from you that would be easy to answer ONLY if we had watched the full season. Again, we ONLY watched the first and last episode (and the full first season). Anything goes, really. We will include either your name or Chorus username, whichever you prefer.

Please and thank you!

The Center Cut Podcast via Apple Podcasts
    The Center Cut Podcast via Spotify
    The Center Cut Web Feed

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Actually thought the first 3.5-4 were pretty meh but things are picking back up now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

Whaat, the first episode was intense right off the bat!

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I agree. I wasn’t really feeling it until episode 4. On episode 7 now.

Jusscali likes this.
  17. phaynes12

two more left this season ahhhhh

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just watched ep3. Sit-in scene was very upsettingly poignant.

atticusfinch and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Once this season got going it was great. I’ll be pissed if they cancel this because the set up for season 3 is awesome.

Fletchaaa, JayLightBeer and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

For what it’s worth, I thought the first and last episodes were great! Can’t wait until I can watch the middle!

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished the second season today. Loved the first for the most part but this one was a clear improvement, just better in every way. Chemistry between the characters, the lighter tone/humor, the pacing, just everything was much better. I loved the setting and how they had the characters really ingratiate themselves into the time instead of just doing the cliche fish out of water thing. Favorite characters are still Klaus and Five but everyone had great moments in every episode really, this cast is phenomenal. I also absolutely loved Lila and hope that she has a big part next season too

How closely is this series following the comics?

22. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This is just a really fun enjoyable show to watch even though I don't think it'll ever be one thay blows me away

flask likes this.
  23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

just finished this. I loved it.
    The first season is pretty accurate, except the ending. In the second comic mini series, they do travel back in time to Dallas, but it’s only for a little bit and they don’t get stuck there. Season two is vastly different from the second graphic novel. Volume 3 is insane and I don’t see how the third season will be anything like it. I highly recommend the comic. Three trades so far and they’re all written by Gerard.

24. I just got Vol 3 this weekend. Pumped that its insane!

xapplexpiex likes this.
  25. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Finished S2 yesterday and I thought it was better than S1, but I really loved watching both despite their issues with plot and pacing. The characters are just so damn enjoyable to watch. I'm so happy they gave Ellen Page more range in S2 and some wlw action.

JayLightBeer likes this.