Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Umbrella Academy (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

This show is pretty great.

SincerelyEmma and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. RyanPm40 Feb 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Love this. But man, if you did away with every character in the Academy, aside from #5 and Klaus, I'd still love the show. The others are just ok? Rumour is really cool on paper but I'd like to see her use her powers outside of 1 or 2 flashbacks. Granted, I'm only halfway through on episode 5

Ben's powers are cool as hell, too. It's a shame he's dead

SincerelyEmma likes this.
  3. SincerelyEmma

I think you’re gonna change your mind about this by the end! Vanya has always been my favorite.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40 Feb 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2019)
    RyanPm40

Yeah this was great. Bummed I finished watching through it. But, Vanya's powers were cool, but she just came off as super whiny the whole time with really bad life decisions.

Like, I wonder how many times she said "I know I've only known him a few hours/days and this sounds crazy, but...". Felt like a lot heh. Then her being constantly angry at her siblings for being left out just made no sense. Like, she doesn't (at the time) have any powers - what exactly does she want to do other than be a liability because they have to protect her the whole time? It's like she had a death wish lol. The rest of the series was great.

EDIT
    Luther was pretty whiny and useless too. He pretty much caused the Apocalypse by ignoring the woman he supposedly loves and being violent against Vanya, not once, but TWO times. He never shut up about the moon either lol.

CarpetElf and SincerelyEmma like this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Spoiler warnings y'all, guess I am backing out of this thread until I finish. I only got to watch 3 episodes so far.

Contender and Joe4th like this.
  6. RyanPm40

Heh yeah, I used to spoiler tag until I read the forum rules:
    The forum's general policy is that once a movie, or TV show, has aired, and it has been officially released, spoiler tags are no longer needed.

7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Lol fair enough, I've been warned!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I watched eps 6 and 7 last night falling asleep and idk why I did that cause I 100% need to rewatch them. I was so lost in my sleep fog haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

finished this yesterday. absolutely loved it. I enjoyed the changes from the comic, both stand strong on their own. soundtrack was fire. think my favorite moment was the ice cream truck flight of the Valkyrie moment, that wave was everything haha

RyanPm40 and SincerelyEmma like this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Love this so much. Not finished yet, but I absolutely love love love the way they subverted the time reversal trope. Reversing all of the happiness to the point of the meeting really took me back.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m through three episodes and didn’t read the comics beforehand. Episode 2 was a bit of a dip but I’m really enjoying it so far. Definitely checking out the comic.

FrankieThe4th and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. RyanPm40

Imo, this show is a way more successful adaptation of the comics than Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My only complaint is how predictable a lot of the beats are. Those seem to be right out of the comic though, so I guess I can't really complain. lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

Oh yeah I totally agree with ya there lol

15. Ellen page and the guy that played kraus crushed it

Contender likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just popping in to say I’m on episode 6, I love this, I don’t know why I never read the comics, and I just ordered them all.

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Assuming season 1 is based on volume 1, am I correct in thinking this season is only based on 6 issues? Given how long ago they came out I assumed they were going off a lot more material.

18. RyanPm40 Feb 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2019)
    RyanPm40

It takes some bits and pieces of volume 2 as well, but overall yeah it's mostly an adaptation of that first volume. For example, Hazel and Cha-Cha are not in volume 1, but they are in volume 2

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watch Misfits. Everyone in this thread should. Its very very similar in tone.

BackyardHero11, SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah as someone else mentioned they adapted volumes 1 and 2 respectively and fleshed out things from the comics that allow for what I think are more emotionally impactful than they were when I read the comics.

disambigujason and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

22. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

The writing in episode two is shockingly bad - especially compared to 1 & 3 which have some rough moments but not nearly as bad or as frequent as the dialogue in 2.

Huge fan of the comics and overall really enjoying the show. I've seen a lot of people watching on my commute which makes me pleased as punch.

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

RyanPm40 and FrankieThe4th like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Parts of this remind me of Identity Crisis.

25. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Only seen the first two episodes so far but I’m loving it.

Going to try and find some time to binge this weekend