Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 80

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Scotland going back to Labour would be pretty huge.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Does it technically matter since SNP caucuses with labour? I don't know what the rules are there haha

3. Iain

Regular

For the Scottish & UK General election, it's hard for Labour to do any worse tbh. Only got one or two seats respectively. Even if Nicola was still in power, I would have said SNP to hold labour at those low levels would seem challenging.

The SNP are voting as a party to make the 2026 UK Election a "de-facto" independence referendum in March. If that goes ahead, then i can see Labour making a comeback. In my opinion, whilst I like a lot of what the green party stand for, they have been shown a bit out of their depth up here at making practical policies in a few cases.

It will make for an interesting landscape ahead. If anything it has got me a bit more engaged now as the status quo is changing.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Iain

Regular

Sturgeon's husband was arrested and released without charge today after their house was searched alongside SNP HQ. It does seem all very co-incidental her standing down, some MSPs resigning, and party senior staff resigning over the past few months.

Look at the photos in this article... you would think it was more than a fraud investigation!!!

Nicola Sturgeon's husband Peter Murrell released without charge after arrest

6. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

7. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So depressing that he’s the only choice if we don’t want the Conservatives.

Immortal1001 likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Labour are so bland and uninspiring too. Such a shame. The sad thing is I think they’d be even more electable if they actually stood for something and had some policies that made a difference.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yikes that's depressing. At least Biden ran on more progressive stuff even if we all figured he wouldn't actually do half of it. Feels like labour is blowing huge opportunity

11. Iain

Regular

I think the new Scottish First Minister is has failed at the first hurdle. Lorna Slater of their green coalition party created a shocking bottle return scheme that was doomed from the start. Somehow now blaming west minister for it. I think the next election will be an interesting one if he keeps up this rhetoric.

12. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

Leftandleaving and aliens exist like this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I just said it like 3 posts ago but god that is depressing. It's like yall are getting the 90's Democratic Party over there right now despite Conservatives being at (what seems like from an uninformed outsiders perspective) a historic low in popularity.

14. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And they say our country isn’t what it used to be…

16. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

17. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

18. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Genuinely don't know how David Cameron has the gall to return to front line politics, given his actions when in power are directly responsible for the current state of the country and particularly the shambles of a Tory party.

Horrible, slimy, corrupt bastard.

Immortal1001 and SamLevi11 like this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  22. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

24. Iain

Regular

The Scottish Government has introduced a 45% tax on 75k plus. Even before this, compared to England they were paying £2.5k more tax. Wouldnt be surprised if people in this bracket look to move down south or it becomes harder to recruit for these positions.

Scottish Budget: Higher earners to pay more income tax

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Ignoring my thoughts on the monarchy, cancer is obviously horrible and scary and I wish him well.