Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 78

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

I just completed an indicative quote to see what I would have to pay if my energy tariff ended now (luckily it doesn't until Dec 2023 so I have time to prepare), and our monthly payments would go up from c. £100 to £680 which is entirely fucking fucked.

I hope everyone's doing alright out there. This winter is going to be brutal for so many.

3. Philll

Trusted

Oof, that's rough @Thrillcollinz. Things are really about to get very bleak...

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

How many of these issues affecting the UK and Europe would be happening right now if it weren't for dictator Putin's invasion?

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

We’d still have high inflation, but it’d be less high

orangehorizon likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah inflation is what I was thinking, at not as high a rate. Down to simply a hot economy getting too hot

7. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

8. Philll

Trusted

Buckle up for an insane few days friends

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been off the internet, missed anything big?

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  10. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

11. Iain

Regular

I am a huge limmy fan and his “met them at a charity do” tweet is on 50k likes. Wonder if he will retire the gag after this

Thrillcollinz and AFoolsGlory like this.
  12. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Been praying all day that the Limmy tweet ends up being taken seriously by some news outlet

Iain likes this.
  13. Iain

Regular

It looks like most sporting events going to be cancelled this weekend. Disappointing. Would understand for day of funeral.

My local MP has basically said he is taking the time off except for urgent queries. Total slap in the face to those struggling at the moment. Royal Mail call off their strike along with other unions and he is taking it off!!!

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Sport off but I still have to go to work tomorrow. Make it make sense.

Iain likes this.
  15. Iain

Regular

Has anyone seen the Joe Lycett interviews of him 'being right wing'. Pretty funny and the hosts dont have a clue how to handle it.

Philll likes this.
  16. Iain

Regular

The “mini budget” today is disappointing.

17. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

18. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

She's going in the bin

DarkHotline, Wharf Rat, Iain and 3 others like this.
  19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

She is so utterly, completely useless. Some truly cringeworthy moments this morning.

Iain and Philll like this.
  20. Iain

Regular

I am still mesmerised that she won over Sunak. Whilst I’m not an advocate for either of them, he atleast seemed to have some competency. I am almost certain he said her plans would end up in a situation like this. So should we be annoyed at her or the small percentage of the voting electorate who voted her through.

It’s went from people not being able to afford energy to now likely some folk won’t be able to afford their houses. It’s going to be absolutely wild if they don’t change tact. There will be folk we all know who we thought lived comfortably who probably didn’t budget these increases when buying their house originally.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

When is the next election? Like surely Tory power will crumble for at least ONE election cycle after this, right?

22. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

Sadly the current Labour leadership is so uninspiring it could go either way. The polling data isn't massively promising when you consider how badly the Tories are messing everything up atm.

David87 likes this.
  23. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Tbf I can't remember Labour being this far ahead in voting intentions before?

Immortal1001 likes this.
  24. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

Yeah I think what I posted above is out of date already even though it's only from a couple of days ago. The Tories have really messed up this time.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  25. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing