Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 75

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Philll

Trusted

Let's f'in go my fellow millenials

2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Our area still has over 60's that haven't been invited and is in the middle of doing the over 50's. Gonna be a while till I get offered.

Philll likes this.
  3. StevenW92

Regular

Big test for Starmer today. It’s unthinkable that’s a place like Hartlepool would vote Tory but then I thought the same about Bolsover and that went disastrously.

Big win looks likely for Burnham in Manchester. If that pans out hopefully that’ll be the end of Labours soft on the Tories approach.

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Hartlepool was gone the second the by-election was called. I live like a minute away, and the town is incredibly pro-brexit. Only reason Labour held it last time was the Brexit Party splitting the vote. Plus, with the Tees Valley having a Tory Mayor and them being able to see that the Government only gives funding to Tory seats, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. aliens exist

pure on main

you think labour received 22k votes in 2017 and 15.5k votes in 2019, but only 8.5k votes yesterday because... the brexit party were splitting the vote in 2019? lmao great analysis there, bud

Immortal1001 likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

keith has really done it this time blokes

Philll likes this.
  7. Philll

Trusted

"is this electable" butterfly meme

8. aliens exist

pure on main

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Trying my best lads

navidson likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Had my first vaccine today, Pfizer.

Waiting for the coming 24 hours to be awful but glad it’s been done:

StevenW92 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My wife had hers last week and apart from an achey arm she was fine. Hope you have a pleasant 24 hours!

12. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

13. Philll

Trusted

How was it? I had a really sore arm for about a day after my Pfizer but that was it.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah honestly okay. I felt like I had a mild cold for 24 hours but it’s all good now! Glad to hear you are okay!

Philll likes this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m hoping to get Pfizer or Moderna but we (as in my age group) either get one of those or J&J. We can’t pick one. I’ll probably get my first shot (only shot if J&J) somewhere in the first half of July.

My mom got her second Pfizer shot yesterday. She had no side effects.

Philll likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose Jun 2, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

They changed the policy just now in the Netherlands. Young people that haven’t been called on yet (so those below 39 basically) only get Pfizer or Moderna now. It’ll delay the whole thing by about a week. I’m pretty happy about it.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the numbers that came out on AstraZeneca (and, thus, also probably applying to J&J) seem to be a little higher than they thought in terms of causing blood clots in younger people, so that makes sense.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just got back from Download and it was amazing to have live music again in this country. Made me even more eager to just do whatever we need to get back there safely.

Thrillcollinz and awakeohsleeper like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I got my first shot yesterday. I got Pfizer. Second one is in five weeks. Since last week all in this country adults were able to make an appointment for their first shot (which they are guaranteed a to get within three weeks), so things are finally really picking up steam.

Philll likes this.
  20. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

How was it? The line-up looked really 2000treesy so was gutted I didn't get tickets...

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Really good! Wet on Friday but mostly dry otherwise. It was only a two stage thing but it was VERY reminiscent of 2000 Trees. The stages were both as big or slightly bigger than the 2k main stage, one as a tent stage.

At first I thought I would find the lack of social distancing and masks weird, but honestly I got used to it super quickly and kind of forgot it was even a tbing. It felt like a glorious oasis of normality and fun amongst a god awful 16 or so months.

Enter Shikari, Creeper, Holding Absence and Frank Turner were particular highlights for me.

Considering they literally put the whole festival together in four weeks, it’s pretty incredible that it happened and was as good as it was.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  22. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Glad you had a good time man! Fingers crossed some of the other events still go ahead, (the increasing rates are always worrying).

Praying I'll be able to sing along with Funeral For A Friend at Slamdunk later this year :fingerscrossed:

awakeohsleeper and SamLevi11 like this.
  23. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Philll likes this.
  24. StevenW92

Regular

So 19th July is on then. Johnson recons there’ll be 50000 cases a day by then. Add removal of masks to that and the number will likely sky rocket.

My second dose is not due until the 5th September so it’s a bit of a relief that they’re looking at moving them forward.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. Philll

Trusted

The ditching of the masks feels like something we're gonna be looking back on with regret. Personally, I'm not gonna be giving mine up any time soon, and I'm already double dosed.