Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 72

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Totally. I haven't had to queue to get into my local huge Tesco for probably 6 months now. Every time I go I see double digit amount of people with no mask (obviously some will be exempt, but still). They haven't had a one way system since the initial easing either. And every single time there's people getting all up in your grill, leaning over you, standing behind breathing at you. I distance at the checkout, and people take it to mean I'm not actually queuing and try to push in front. They can't even be arsed to enforce staff wearing masks.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah all supermarkets have pretty much ditched any kind of restrictions in terms of how many people can go in.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Funny you say that, but Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s just announced a ban on anyone not wearing a mask, regardless of reason.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I advise people to check out the replies to this tweet. Lots of people posting pictures and stories of their experiences and it is truly horrifying.

Philll, Thrillcollinz and AFoolsGlory like this.
  5. StevenW92

Regular

The contract for supplying the free school meals was given to a company called compass. Until recently they were ran by Tory donor Paul Walsh. It really is a disgrace. The sooner we get rid of Johnson and his cronies the better.

Combine that with the promised amount of laptops being provided to schools to support home learning being slashed. Johnson promised to ‘level up’ but some families from poorer communities are being left further behind than ever.

6. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

fuck the tories and their mates x a billion

SpyKi and AFoolsGlory like this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The whole FUCKING POINT is that for some children it really is the only meal of the day.

I hate these people with every fibre of my being, knowing children are going hungry, and a dithering mop haired clown sends out a woman who claimed £116,000 in expenses to tell us it is fine.

I never understood how people really got so angry they overthrew the government but honestly I get it now. When both of the countries main parties are ineffective or plain malicious, and the leading person standing up for these injustices is a Manchester United footballer, something has to change.

8. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

The disconnect between these people and reality is really frightening.

MPs like Latham, Rees-Mogg and Desmond fucking Swayne are literally comic book villains but continue to be voted in all over the country.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I very rarely think Piers Morgan has done anything good, but his grilling of the various cabinet members has mostly been pretty excellent

10. JamesMichael Jan 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2021)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Honestly I think the government really fucked things up last year. The fact schools and universities were still open for months towards the end of last year was not acceptable. Everyone I've spoke to has said their kids were on and off school all the time due to someone new getting COVID and them having to isolate for a week. This kept happening for most kids so how can anyone get an education anyway? Not to mention the new strain was first discovered in October and we were only told about it at the start of December? Again unacceptable. I also can't believe that the government has only recently just enforced COVID testing on flights coming in to a bigger scale after months of just telling people to 'self isolate' coming back into the country. You now have to test negative. More control should have been put into place from September onwards and perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess.

Of course the government is to blame for a portion of this but also so are the people. You can only enforce rules but it's up to the nation to follow them through.

I know I probably come across incredibly bitter in all this but I lost my Nan to COVID last November and we didn't have a good experience with the NHS unfortunately this time around.

awakeohsleeper and AFoolsGlory like this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

awakeohsleeper and JamesMichael like this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is an embarrassing interview for Hancock. These cabinet members don’t have a shred of decency.

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Philll

Trusted

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  14. razorburn

Trusted

I'm getting there. Some days are better than others, I guess. I've been trying to make use of Zoom a little more by having quiz nights with friends, which has definitely made me feel a little less isolated.

Don't know about you, but the weather we've been having during this lockdown is taking its toll. Hopefully it'll brighten up soon and I can go for a walk again without looking like a drowned rat by the end. Haha.

Thank you for checking in. Appreciate it.

How are things on your end?

Philll likes this.
  15. Philll

Trusted

Glad you're getting through it. The weather has been shit, hopefully it picks up soon, but its good that you've been able to zoom with friends and whatnot, that all definitely helps even if its not quite the same.

Personally I can't complain, but I have kids to keep me occupied so the days kinda just slip by.

16. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Someone should do this for every secretary of state. Total failures.

Philll likes this.
  17. StevenW92

Regular

Johnson calls Starmer Captain Hindsight again. Doesn’t he realise that the fact that Starmer can continuously point out his failures in hindsight is because he keeps failing?

18. Philll

Trusted

Meanwhile Captain Foresight here:

AFoolsGlory and Leftandleaving like this.
  19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

James Felton is an excellent account, if anyone doesn't follow him already. Very funny

Philll likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose Jan 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Today’s the second day that we’ve had a 21:00 curfew here. Now there are riots in multiple cities across the country, including mine.

Philll likes this.
  21. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

awakeohsleeper and Philll like this.
  22. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Also, just a side thing. I had my first Astrazeneca jab on Wednesday and I had the worst reaction I've ever had to a shot including a really bad fever and muscle ache which kept me up all night.

Luckily it only seems to have lasted 24 hours, but it was pretty horrendous so 1/10 of you should probably prepare :crylaugh:

What I would say though is I'd rather have that ten times over than be on a ventilator in Intensive care in a hospital because of covid, so get your shot!

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I had a headache and felt fatigued for about a day but wasn't too bad.

awakeohsleeper and Thrillcollinz like this.
  24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My mother-in-law has had her first one. She’s got a serious low immune condition and she was ill for almost a week. However, she seems better now, thankfully.

Glad so many people here are already getting it!

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

EU has basically gone rogue.