Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 71

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Haha wow that is very strange! I very well might depending on their age aha.

2. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

upload_2021-1-4_14-1-53.png

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  3. StevenW92

Regular

For a lot of voters ‘getting Brexit done’, and it being hailed as a massive success by the right wing media, is a major victory for the Tories over Labour. This will soon wear off. I’d expect a full lockdown would completely reverse these gains.

Starmer was weak on Brexit. His speech on the day of the vote was a far cry from Miliband attacking Johnson over the Internal Market Bill a few months back. A long way to go until general election but I would like to see Starmer reaffirming his pledges he made during the leadership campaign.

4. Philll

Trusted

Lockdown 3 baby

[​IMG]

AFoolsGlory and awakeohsleeper like this.
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Proper lockdown this time unlike the waste of time November lockdown.

I don’t know why they didn’t start this lockdown on the 26th or 27th like some of the other parts of the country...

6. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Weapons grade incompetence as per. Can't believe we're here again.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. StevenW92

Regular

7 weeks by the sounds of it. Wasn’t expecting that but I’m not gonna try and claim it’s not necessary. Can’t imagine what cases and death levels will be in two weeks time before we start to turn the corner.

8. Philll

Trusted

This has been inevitable since before Christmas. Literally seems that the government are the last people to get it every single time.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, it’s embarrassing how much they mess every single decision up.

10. razorburn

Trusted

I'm going to struggle mentally with this one. I can feel it.

11. Philll

Trusted

Feel free to reach out, happy to chat any time.

12. razorburn

Trusted

Thank you. Appreciate that.

Philll likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Technically I'm a key worker, despite working in an office doing marketing, because of what the business does. I guarantee no one will be working from home.

Considering two of us already got it, you'd think they would care more...

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, @Philll is right - we’re here for you if you need it.

Philll likes this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sounds difficult - can you do the work from home? Or is it sensitive material?

16. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

back in the shield

upload_2021-1-5_9-14-28.jpeg

Philll likes this.
  17. razorburn

Trusted

Philll likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely I could. Today certain people got sent home, and they said "your safety is a top priority", and then told me and the other person in marketing that "you could work from home but you have a lot to do so we want you here..."

I fucking hate managers, brainless twats.

awakeohsleeper and Philll like this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m sorry to hear that.

Seemed like loads of cars on the roads today compared to last lockdown (March) - think a lot of people will be in a similar position to you.

20. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

1,325 deaths reported in The UK today which is fucking brutal.

Hope y'all are doing ok!

Philll likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I hope you are all okay. I’m getting by, still in the office.

22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Rumours of a stronger lockdown with no support bubbles, curfews, compulsory masks outside, nurseries shut, only being allowed to leave the house once a week.

What a fucking shambles. What a total fucking omnishambles.

Totally fucked up schools, totally fucked up Christmas, now the NHS is on the brink of collapse. But no, it's support bubbles that have to go. Fucking hell.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  23. Philll

Trusted

I think if they axe support bubbles they well and truly lose people for good. That would be unconscionable.

Just shut down all non-essential work and pay people to stay home, ffs.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Agree with the above.

I also don’t know why cafes are open for takeaway. Walking to a cafe to get a drink is not an essential reason to go out the house and in my mind it undermines the stay at home message.

SpyKi and Philll like this.
  25. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Had to pop into Asda earlier to pick up a prescription (against shielding restrictions :teethsmile:) and there was literally no social distancing. What the hell happened to the 2 metre, one way way rules they enforced in the first lockdown?

JamesMichael and AFoolsGlory like this.