Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 68

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. aliens exist

pure on main

yes

dadbolt, Wharf Rat and jorbjorb like this.
  2. Philll

Trusted

This shit sucks

3. aliens exist

pure on main

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. Philll

Trusted

5. aliens exist

pure on main

referring to a blairite zionist as "a fool" is considered edgy now?

okay lol

6. Philll

Trusted

[​IMG]

7. aliens exist

pure on main

lol

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

corbyn innocent and correct

9. Wharf Rat

over half of the incidents of antisemitism submitted to the party were by one dude. that inflated total was constantly quoted. it also made it impossible to address whatever legitimate complaints were there. the definition of overblown

10. Wharf Rat

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

dadbolt and aliens exist like this.
  12. StevenW92

Regular

He didn’t say that the issue was overblown by the report though. He said it was overstated by some in the media and his opponents in the Labour Party and the Tories. He also said that people within the party actively tried to disrupt the process of investigating anti semitism.

Stating two wrongs don’t make a right then bringing up the Tories is unusual. We all know they’re a racist party.

Wharf Rat, dadbolt and aliens exist like this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like a second national lockdown is coming on Monday.

so it’s just fantastic that I start my new job on Monday then...

This whole government is a joke. They did Eat Out To Help Out which apparently increased infections by 17%, they forced students to go back to their halls, forced people back to their offices and ended furlough payments.

All to end up here.

14. Lockdown is incredibly difficult but it’s necessary. It saves so many lives. We went from 723 cases and 13 deaths on 30 July in my state of Victoria. We went straight into lockdown. It ended up longer than anticipated, and our premier received NO support from the federal government or Murdoch-run media. However, we suffered many job losses, many businesses probably won’t re-open, and the premier fucked up by giving police extended unquestioned powers. On Monday, after months in lockdown, we recorded ZERO cases and zero deaths. Then, again on Tuesday; and again today. We reopened on Wednesday. Let me tell you - I don’t approve of everything our premier did to get us here. My mental health went down the drain. My mum lost her job (thankfully, she starts a new job in a few weeks). However, I went out to a cafe today for the first time in four months and I cried with relief at how good it felt to be safe and know that our collective sacrifice paid off.

I’m here for all of you as you face this.

15. Philll

Trusted

Undoubtedly necessary, I just hope they put in adequate support for everyone this time. Of course, its the tories, so they won't, but there needs to be pressure on them.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Another lockdown is totally needed, the numbers here have been getting out of control again for weeks/months now. I do feel for everyone with question marks over their jobs though. I really hope there’s more support this time.

Mary V and Philll like this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As long as their is support for jobs, I will deal with it. But it’s going to be really difficult.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

No money to cover wages for Tier 3 in the north?

But as soon as the whole country needs to lockdown they can extend the furlough scheme.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased that’s in place and extended for this period. But how many jobs have been lost because employers thought it ended on Saturday? How many jobs have been lost in the Tier 3 regions?

19. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

awakeohsleeper and SpyKi like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I work at a college so business as usual for me!

Haven't been going out much as we're in Tier 3 anyway.

21. Philll

Trusted

Yeah, not much changing for me either tbh, my wife will be doing a bit more work from home but that's about it.

Humblebrag though, thanks to an outbreak at our local abattoir my sleepy norfolk town officially has the highest infection rate in the whole of England.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Well done! And only two weeks ago they were using Norfolk and Cornwall as examples of why we should definitely not do a national lockdown because the incidence rates were low...!

Philll likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be working from home, getting really into the new Football Manager and continuing to boss Among Us.

Not much else I can do tbh,

Jetslickz, Philll and awakeohsleeper like this.
  24. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

That sounds like the best plan tbh! Do you have a save in mind for the release?

25. StevenW92

Regular

He’s been proven a to be useless twat in elections once again. And this time he’s even pissed £10k up the wall.