Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 67

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Philll

Trusted

I'm training to be at the end of my degree... ugh

2. StevenW92

Regular

Cancel culture doesn’t exist and the phrase only exist because right wing morons can’t accept that actions have consequences.

awakeohsleeper and AFoolsGlory like this.
  3. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yes!!! The phrase "cancel culture" annoys me so much. You have perfectly summed up how I feel haha.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Update: I got the job.

Couple extra grand, half hour less a day, and I can walk to work instead of driving for 35 minutes each way.

Hugo G., StevenW92, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  5. Philll

Trusted

Congrats, thats great news!

SamLevi11 likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

congrats bro. since I've been working from home I realized how amazing having little or no commute is. it makes such a huge difference.

I think I'd honestly prefer a short walking commute to working from home just to get up and do something before work. of course I could simply wake up early and go for a walk but let's be real I'm not gonna do that

Mary V, SamLevi11 and Philll like this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

On another note, on Saturday night someone walking along the pavement smashed my drivers side wingmirror (the only one it's illegal to drive without). So that's fun.

I got new glass, took off the old one (including getting a bit embedded in my finger, and refitted it. Annoyingly it doesn't sit entirely right because the whole way the actual casing sits has been damaged but it works for now, It's only a little off.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I got my tires slashed once, likely due to good old intra European xenophobia

9. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

The Government's handling of this whole situation has been so horrible. I cannot believe I am going to lose more months of my life because some they fucked it up so badly the first time. The one thing they were trying to avoid - overwhelming the NHS - looks set to happen anyway.

Bravo Boris you fucking clown.

Philll likes this.
  10. Philll

Trusted

It is crazy to me that we're now seeing 5-figure new cases daily and we're basically throwing up our hands saying "there's not much more we can do!".

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

And that they've stuck to just defending the "restrictions" that are in place, that have already proven to be having literally the opposite effect.

Philll likes this.
  12. Philll

Trusted

Oh shit, full lockdown, shops/pubs/restaurants closed?

13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Unclear. In our first one, shops stayed open here. They apparently want schools to stay open too this time. However, some of the advisers are pushing for a full one, shops includes (so stricter than last time).

14. Philll

Trusted

What are your cases/hospitalisations looking like at the moment?

15. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Have any of you guys that rent ever had to deal with obnoxiously loud upstairs neighbours? If so, how have you gone about not killing them and have you actually got them to shut up?

The council have been beyond useless and keep on sending out noise diaries even though we've already recorded over a month's worth, and their letting agency is refusing to co-operate. It's getting to the point where they're stomping around all hours of the night and blasting music throughout the day (I work from home) and it's really impacting mine and my gf's mental health :cringe:.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That sounds awful. I’ve had a few bad situations but nothing on that level since I was at university. It’s pretty poor that the council haven’t done anything more and have actively not helped.

17. StevenW92

Regular

Not at all a fan of Labours new leadership, but I am a big fan of Angela Rayner calling out Tory scum for what they are.

AFoolsGlory and Philll like this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

19. Philll

Trusted

France having a second national lockdown from Friday.

Think its going to be increasingly difficult for the UK to justify not taking more extreme measures over the next few weeks.

20. StevenW92

Regular

Corbin suspended from Labour Party following the EHRC report in to anti semitism. Still no action taken over racism against Dawn Butler and Dianne Abbot.

Starmer doesn’t care about racism, just using it as an excuse to get rid of the left of the party.

21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I mean, two wrongs don't make a right. Corbyn only has himself to blame for getting the whip withdrawn after his comments today. He was given a chance to withdraw them, but he didn't. Labour have made it very, very clear that they'll accept the full recommendations of the report. To come out today and downplay the issue of anti-Semitism, saying it was overblown, is an issue. Not to mention his office getting involved in handling of complaints when Leader.

However, totally correct in saying more needs to be done regarding institutional racism in general, both for cases like Diane Abbot and Dawn Butler but also the Islamophobia in the Tory party. Very clearly deep rooted racism issues of a wide variety in both parties that absolutely need investigating and stamping out.

22. aliens exist

pure on main

hey,

you should remove the "sGlory" from your username

thanks

dadbolt, Wharf Rat and jorbjorb like this.
  23. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Noted. Enjoyed your contribution to the discussion.

24. aliens exist

pure on main

you're welcome

dadbolt and jorbjorb like this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

So you think Corbyn handled anti-Semitism fine then? Or that the Jewish members hounded with abuse and forced from the party were just "dramatically overstating" the abuse for "political reasons"?