Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 60

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

glad it's finally done though, people were being fucking idiots.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My girlfriend has a horse and isn’t sure if she can actually go and feed it/keep it alive, do we think that counts?

3. Philll

Trusted

I'm sure that must be fine. Is she likely to encounter many people at the stables?

Also, just super relieved that this has finally be put in place. Lockdown feels overdue.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes I’ve been shocked how ridiculous people were acting at the weekend. The Matlock Bath pictures were the ones that got me with all the bikers and chip shops. Hopefully people will respect this.

SpyKi likes this.
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

There are quite a few things like that that aren’t clear. I mean, how do you police ‘one form of exercise a day’? How long can the walk be in total? etc.

I think you’ll be ok if there’s no people around.

6. GBlades

Trusted

I'm having to go to work each day, I work in the banking industry for businesses for a major bank, and im actually glad this has been put in place.
    So many people just not giving a fuck over the weekend being too disrespectful and inconsiderate.
    Stay safe and healthy everyone, for yourself, your family, for everyone. And thanks for everything

awakeohsleeper and Philll like this.
  7. 5Stories

Regular

I don't blame people for still gathering in groups over the last couple weeks The government's messaging has been shambolic and they shouldn't be let off the hook by blaming individuals.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Still a hell of a lot of cars and people going past where I live. I look out towards a busy roundabout and it's still at like 50% of the usual traffic.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I work at Sheffield College and we decided to close before the government said schools should close. Been working from home this week. Very quiet near where I live yesterday, hopefully people staying indoors.

Philll likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It has noticeably calmed down where I am now.

My company has furloughed me from Friday, so I'm going onto that government scheme. Problem is, depending on a few factors they haven't cleared up, on that scheme your pay could be as little as 66% of the usual. Just got to hope it gets cleared up I suppose...

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So many issues - hope that gets sorted for you. My wife is self-employed and has had to shut everything down. I only have a term time contract so we’re tightening our belts a bit. Should be ok but so many are being impacted by this.

12. Tom Lee

Regular

Wasn't really sure where was appropriate to post this, hope it's alright here.

I tour for a living, so am currently out of work. Used some of my downtime to create a simple tee campaign. I've kept the price low, 5 pre-orders & they'll go to print - will be donating all my proceeds to crowdfund healthy, hot meals for NHS critical care staff during this COVID-19 crisis. Might be a nice little reminder when we're back out in the world.

www.mercht.com/c/washhands
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/FeedNHS

[​IMG]

PandaBear! and Philll like this.
  13. Philll

Trusted

I like that a lot, just placed an order. Thanks for doing such a cool thing.

Tom Lee likes this.
  14. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

15. Tom Lee

Regular

That's great! Thanks so much, glad you liked the design enough to go for it.

Philll likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose Apr 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Swift Covid-19 vaccine within reach, say Swiss scientists

Swissinfo is the international service of Switzerland's public-service broadcasting group (think BBC), in case you were worried about the source (don't be is what I am saying). There is a lot of information here as to what makes their approach different and faster (especially with regards to production) from others, but the endgame is this:

I'm sure that if they turn out to be right, the rest Europe will follow soon after.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If you ever want to see how many idiots there are in the world, check your town or cities local facebook group. At least one or two people will be claiming it's a conspiracy.

18. One of my acquaintances (I feel like an asshole for not calling her a friend anymore but... idk I'm just sick of it) has been deep into conspiracy theories and she's been posting tons of 5G, linked to the virus or not, stuff. I just can't understand living through hellish times and adding that anxiety on top of it. I get that for some, conspiracies give them a purpose and a sense of community but it's so sad that despite the obvious logical flaws, they can't be reasoned with.

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

Just been reading how the government is going to begin easing lockdown restrictions from Monday. Can't help but feel it's premature, we're still seeing thousands of new cases each day.

How does everyone else here feel?

20. The Lucky Moose

Same here

Philll likes this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think it’s too early... although according to reports, it looks like it’s just outdoor easing (sunbathing?! Longer walks...) I still think we’ll have to avoid unessential travel.

Looks like there will be a plan to open schools on June 1st for Y5 and Y6.

I work at a college where there’s about 1000 people. No idea how we’d pull off social distancing with the staff, let alone if the kids come back.

22. I don't feel safe at all to be honest. I dread my temp agency calling me tomorrow to ask me to go back to work next week... and I'm not sure I will say yes. It sucks because I'm privileged to have a job, in all its temporariness (does that word exist? precariousness then), but my work place isn't arranged in a way that allows safety distances and all and I have a few asshole-ish coworkers. I'd rather focus on finding an University to restart my degree and just get the fuck out of here, but who knows what's going to happen by September. It's complicated, and unemployment money isn't going to last long.

23. My German friends feel the total opposite, which is wild as we live 25 mins (despite being from two different countries) from each others. I had to say no multiple times when they asked me to come at their place the past month.

24. The Lucky Moose

Germany does feel safer to me too compared to where I am, so does Switzerland. It helps that they have enough masks so that they don’t have to lie about them not working like our government still does lol

All this definitely makes me consider moving back home to Switzerland or Germany. Austria is nice too but more difficult for me to manage.

25. The Lucky Moose

If you had told me a few months that Austria would be Europe's shining city upon a hill I would have never believed you but here we are