UK and Europe World • Page 55

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by lightning13, May 19, 2017.

1. Wharf Rat

walkin along in the mission in the rain Prestigious

OdranWaldo likes this.
  2. Letterbomb31

fascism is capitalism in decay Prestigious

Wharf Rat, Zac Djamoos and Philll like this.
  3. Letterbomb31

4. Letterbomb31

Wharf Rat likes this.
  5. himynameisiain Oct 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 31, 2018)
    himynameisiain

Regular

What did you think of the uk budget announcement? There were strong rumours of pensions being targeted, so glad that hasn't came to fruition.

For personal tax - increase in personal allowance to 12500. So extra 650 a year in the back pocket. Increase in minimum wage is expected to also mean minimum wage workers will earn another 650 a year. [edit: extra £125ish in back pocket, not 650)

Pretty big change on capital allowances for businesses introducing the new Structures and Buildings Allowance (SBA) for new non-residential structures and buildings. Relief will be provided on eligible construction costs incurred on or after 29 October 2018 at an annual rate of two percent on a straight-line basis once the property is brought into qualifying use.

That is fairly substantial considering the majority of the cost of a building has traditionally been non-qualifying.

6. Letterbomb31

himynameisiain and Wharf Rat like this.
  7. himynameisiain

Regular

Vape tax! interested to see how much money they make out of that!

8. Wharf Rat

wow!!

9. Wharf Rat

Here's my new art piece called "Theresa May eats shit part 69"

upload_2018-11-7_13-12-21.png

OdranWaldo and awakeohsleeper like this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What a mess. Still baffles me that the Vote Leave campaigns thought the Irish border would be easy to solve.

11. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

pretty easy solution for it if you ask me

dissolve it

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Somehow I don’t think that’s what the Brexiteers had in mind...!!

OdranWaldo likes this.
  13. Philll

Regular

14. Wharf Rat

Whomst else following the Brexit deal news and imminent political death of Theresa May

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm here for it. I like the BBC subheading "Theresa May says deal is as good as it gets". What a statement. Not filling anyone with confidence right there.

I just haven't got a clue what comes after her... and that makes me genuinely nervous.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  16. Philll

Regular

Deriving a lot of pleasure today thinking of all those Daily Mail/Sun front pages about the Iron Lady 2.0 and whatnot. Really good shit.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Supporter

One plus point of all this is that the world really gets to see the real us. England is an entirely bird-brained nation, and has been for perhaps it's entire existence, and basically we deserve this because of the unbelievable arrogance that is built-in to our identity. No other current EU country would believe they could "have their cake and eat it too" the way we have done in our approach to negotiations, and it is genuinely embarrassing.

Philll and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. Letterbomb31

Jamie Dagg and Wharf Rat like this.
  19. Wharf Rat

ah yeah she's fucked lol

she was screwed from the beginning really. she had that backstop agreement and then Varadkar of all people killed it. And now she managed to get a soft-brexit agreement through her cabinet, avoid a no-confidence vote, keep the tory brexiteers from back stabbing her at least for a little bit and then...the DUP is what fucks her over. Just hilarious